The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going west on 2222 this morning (up the big hill) and my life just flashed in front of my eyes. Traffic on the west bound right lane was about 55 MPH and the left lane was about 60 MPH. I was in the flow on the left hand lane when all of a sudden the moron in the truck next to me decides switch lanes. We were pretty much nose to nose so I wasn't even in his blind spot. Dunno what the guy was thinking. So I'm on my horn and I have to swerve to on coming traffic (east bound) to avoid this guy. There were a stream of cars on the east bound side and they had to do the same to miss me. It could have been disasterous on that hill and that is an understatement! As he realizes his stupidity he swerves back to his lane giving me room to come back. It was just natural instinct for to swerve. I don't think I could have out accelerated him at the time to avoid his swerve.

Needless to say my heart was racing afterwards and was glad I wasn't hurt (or anyone else). At the stoplight at 620/2222 he didn't even wave to say he was sorry. He just kept going and turned right as I turned left.

So all this talk of having bright cars makes no difference when it comes to morons like this. My car is bright red!

Anyway glad to be alive and a big sigh of relief! WHEW!

Careful out there guys/gals!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Glad you're ok... there's a lot of idiots out there, unfortunately.

However, missing TX as I am, I get a kick out of the fact that I know exactly where you're talking about simply because it's the only big hill on the road...

But seriously, glad you didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't hurt. That is a scary place to get forced into oncoming traffic. I had a similar event coming up the same hill a few years ago, but I wasn't as innocent as you. I was racing the car on the outside lane. His tires squealed as he started to slide into me. I got by and he kept it out of oncoming traffic.

The important thing being that in both cases no one got hurt. Oh, and I won the race. That's important too. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
What were you driving?

Just wondering if you were in an Elise (you lucky dog...)

-rev9

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Sounds like he just didn't GAF. That and cluelessness I'm sad to find is a pretty frequent combination on today's streets. Not sure color or size makes all that much a difference. Assuming the worst and a quick hand seem to be the recourse.

Glad you're unscathed.

– Mike

(Booyah - 500th)

·
Registered
114 Posts
2222 is a great road. Flew through there in my brother's Europa back in the late 70's when there wasn't much traffic. Devil's Backbone out side of San Marco's is also a great place for some high speed turns. Probably too much traffic now a days. Glad you where not hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts