The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like 225 tires fit on up to a 8.5" wide wheel from some of the info I have found. I have the standard 16X7 and 17X8 wheels that a lot of others have and would like to run a 245 on the rear but until i upgrade to the hoosier R6s(the original plan, just ran into fuel issues so I don't want to worsen that until issues are fixed so R6's will be held off until next year)
Just wanted to make sure the R888 in 195 front and 225 rear won't be an issue on a 7" and 8" wide wheel since I think most people running these are on the 15/16 wheel setup, not 16/17

Sorry for asking to many wheel/tire questions, at $2,000 its a big expense to be wrong about :eek:

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
245s and 235s fit the 8" 17s just fine. In the 888/RA1, the 235/40/17 is good...

Not a lot of choices on the front with 16s. Wider and shorter is generally better though;) (obviously, if you have class restrictions, do what ya gotta do)...

I run the 15/17 combo with 225/45/15s (7" rim) and 245/40/17 with Hoo Hoos or Kooks. Also can run the Goodyears in those sizes. I haven't tried the GYs yet, but they have good contingency, so worth a look...

Hope that helps,

Phil

PS- My car details as well as a fuel starve fix are on my website;)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Wheel size

Phil,

What brakes are you running and how do they fit under a 15" wheel. I assume there would be no room to upgrade the brakes with the smaller wheels. Are the tire size choices that much better in 15s vs 16s?

I need a second set of race wheels so I'm in the market.

245s and 235s fit the 8" 17s just fine. In the 888/RA1, the 235/40/17 is good...

Not a lot of choices on the front with 16s. Wider and shorter is generally better though;) (obviously, if you have class restrictions, do what ya gotta do)...

I run the 15/17 combo with 225/45/15s (7" rim) and 245/40/17 with Hoo Hoos or Kooks. Also can run the Goodyears in those sizes. I haven't tried the GYs yet, but they have good contingency, so worth a look...

Hope that helps,

Phil

PS- My car details as well as a fuel starve fix are on my website;)

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Running a good pad with good fluid, on stock calipers, with our vented SS pistons. Rotors are full floating and also a part we make. This all fits a 15" wheel obviously...

As far as stopping power is concerned, the above is pretty decent IMO. I race fairly successfully against Vipers, Vettes, and highly modifed "XYZ" cars in TTU (essentially an unlimited class in NASA), and don't feel like I'm short on stopping power despite the extra power my car has. As a point of reference, I won our race last weekend and set a lap record, so the car is reasonable well sorted with this braking setup...

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts