The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$23,500 OBO 05 Ardent Red Elise-Sold

I am selling/trading in my 05 Ardent Red Elise. 35,219 miles. Heat/Air doesnt work and the rear tires are worn. I am purchasing another vehicle and can't afford 2 payments. I can email pictures from when I purchased it last June( purchased with 30,000 miles on it.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hate to let it go. My Hummer lease was up and I need to get something that I can drive year round. I thought about getting a beater to drive in the winter, but I want something reliable.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hate to let it go. My Hummer lease was up and I need to get something that I can drive year round. I thought about getting a beater to drive in the winter, but I want something reliable.
melanie0302,

I hate to discuss on your "for sale" thread however; why not just trade it in for the car you're looking at? I like to believe you can get that for trade-in. Good luck with your sale, you should have NO problems selling at that price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I was going to trade it in. The first place told me they would give me $17,000. They hadn't seen it. The next place told me $21,300 without seeing it. There is no way I would let it go for that.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Actually I was going to trade it in. The first place told me they would give me $17,000. They hadn't seen it. The next place told me $21,300 without seeing it. There is no way I would let it go for that.
If you trade it it you'll be exempt from paying sales tax on the amount given for the trade. 6% of $21,300 is $1278, which is basically getting $22,578 for the car. I'd let them see your car and get more than they've offered unseen.

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
If you trade it it you'll be exempt from paying sales tax on the amount given for the trade. 6% of $21,300 is $1278, which is basically getting $22,578 for the car. I'd let them see your car and get more than they've offered unseen.

Good luck.:)
Not in MI. You pay sales tax on the entire purchase price regardless of trade.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Not in MI. You pay sales tax on the entire purchase price regardless of trade.
Wow, finally there's a state with a tax law item worse than Connecticut.

When my dad's estate was finalzed last year, one of his cars went to a relative without paying MI tax, so I guess I'm thinking of an exemption for a title transfer.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Wow, finally there's a state with a tax law item worse than Connecticut.

When my dad's estate was finalzed last year, one of his cars went to a relative without paying MI tax, so I guess I'm thinking of an exemption for a title transfer.
No sales tax for cars given to family members. I think that's about the only loophole.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I can email pictures if anyone is interested. My files are too big so I can't upload them.
Try photobucket.com they resize and provide the html to post.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
And so does this forum's gallery

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Buy a used Civic/Accord or heck even a Miata (for year round beater sports car fun) and keep the Elise. You could buy a decent reliable winter beater for the money that you're going to lose selling the Elise at that price anyway.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Yep, I have an 03 Golf TDI that I don't think I'll ever sell !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.