The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you in the surrounding areas should consider making a trek down to Winston Salem NC for the 24 hour CCR SCCA autocross event.... I just got done with my first one and holy lord it was incredible.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Those of you in the surrounding areas should consider making a trek down to Winston Salem NC for the 24 hour CCR SCCA autocross event.... I just got done with my first one and holy lord it was incredible.
Can you elaborate on this? How's that work?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically, it's split into two 12 hour blocks. For each 12 hours that you sign up for, you work 2 hours.

Other than the 2 hour shift, you're free to run as many times as you want. Before each run you either choose your run to be "official" or just a practice.

Central Carolina Region autocrosses usually have well over 100 people sign up, our last few have had closer to 200 people... This event we had less than 100.

This has been my first year autocrossing and at this one event I think I got more than a years worth of seat time.

Most people don't run through the night... and from about 2am to 8am, we had between 10-20 cars hot lapping. I got to the point where I wasn't making any progress in my car so I started bumming rides in other peoples cars, and letting them drive mine... I found out that I'm not a huge fan of the miata or the mr2 spyder (surprised me!) but I LOVE the s2000..

All in all, I think my driver skills improved about fifty-fold from this event.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Sounds smart (and exhausting). Stick time is how you get better, and this appears to address most people's complaint about autocross; you are there half a day for a total of 4 to 10 minutes of actual driving.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ah, the 24 Heures du Mall.... Never made it to one, but I certainly WANT to...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts