The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Audi doing a consistent march for 24 hrs to win.

Toyota to lead, sometimes by 1-3 laps, casting short term doubts on Audi's continuing strangle hold on Le Mans (Toyota will have the speed, but not the endurance for 24 hrs).

I would say this is getting old, but I so admire Audi for being king of the mountain and nobody being able to knock them off.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audi doing a consistent march for 24 hrs to win.

Toyota to lead, sometimes by 1-3 laps, casting short term doubts on Audi's continuing strangle hold on Le Mans (Toyota will have the speed, but not the endurance for 24 hrs).

I would say this is getting old, but I so admire Audi for being king of the mountain and nobody being able to knock them off.
How long do you think LOTUS is going to last? I'm pretty ignorant on the subject, but I really enjoy watching.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The Lotus are in the LMP2 class, second fasts class, so they are not going to win overall.

They also have the disadvantage that they have to put their cars back together.

Outside of that, I dont see any 800lb gorillas in the class, so if their equipment holds up they have a shot, bit of a long shot, but a shot.

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
Well technically they are in the LMP1 class too, as Lotus Rebellion Racing with Lola chassised Toyota powered Lotus branded ???

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
one of the Vantage drivers died in an accident near the start of the race.

Allan Simonsen #95

lost grip on the curbing on the straight having just come out of a turn. The car went like 90* left and smashed into the railing. Car lost driver door, rear hatch, roof was all bent. Was hell of an impact. You'd think he would have been ok.

What a shame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts