The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone looking for something awesome to do the last weekend of october, come watch the insanity that is the 24 Hours of Lemons. I'll be fielding the daytona in it's 4th race.

Tech/BS inspection and testing is on Friday the 26th
Race session 1 is on Saturday the 27th
Race session 2 is on Sunday the 28th.

I recommend Saturday since more cars are working and more hilarious penalties are going on. There are going to be a bunch of other activities going on this year like potato cannon contests, pumpkin launching, filling stands with jack-o-lanterns, and a whole lot more.

Lemons seriously is one of the best spectator racing series there is. I think it's $20 for the day to watch, but you're allowed right in the pits and get to see the insanity first hand. Event info here

Come watch and cheer on this magnificent race car

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The best part about spectating these races is that just about any team will offer alcohol in exchange for even a minor amount of help. It would be difficult to find a lower priced hangover.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spectacle is just amazing. In May we had to swap engines saturday night. we finished around 10:30 as a team was walking around offering body shots of the team mascot mannequin. We declined, to much protesting, but the whole weekend is like that. It's a huge party with some of the most amusing/interesting people you will ever meet.

we're bringing the projector and PS3 again for some drunken GT5 lap battles.

·
Registered
390 Posts
We'll be there

with our Alfa Romeo Milano... best sounding car bar none!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was so close to having a milano for my lemons car. I responded to a craigslist ad 15 minutes after it was posted, but was beaten out by someone else. I really wanted that car. Instead i'm fielding a daytona. honestly i'm not sad, the daytona has taught me a lot.

come find us and say hi, i'd love to check out your car.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well done!

Well done guys, we were running 8th on Sunday afternoon when we retired due to our wives on Long Island freaking out due to the impending arrival of Sandy on Long Island - I made it home to Huntington in 4 hours 15 minutes! (320 miles...)

You probably came to our Pasta party Saturday night:clap:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done guys, we were running 8th on Sunday afternoon when we retired due to our wives on Long Island freaking out due to the impending arrival of Sandy on Long Island - I made it home to Huntington in 4 hours 15 minutes! (320 miles...)

You probably came to our Pasta party Saturday night:clap:
Of course we did. You guys are awesome for putting that on.

And you could always tell when the alfa was coming by. That noise...... :drool:

Sorry you had to bail early, but glad you made it home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts