The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I’m now the custodian of a 2011 Evora NA, 24 years after I first lusted after a Lotus. Conditions were never quite right for a me car. However, with kids just flown the roost, it’s all falling into place. I wasn’t sure there was enough young blood (and flexible joints) to manage with the rawness of an Elise but the Evora hopefully will have enough Lotusness to provide some fun in the twisties and longer trips.
The forum has been great in providing insight into ownership warts and all for me to make the decision. Thanks to everyone. I’ve already got a compilation of advice and tips to refer to for the future. Oh and the first step was to get the new switch for the folding mirrors. That was a defining moment of first week ownership courtesy of the forum. Cheers.

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
That's a long time to dream! Congrats!

I never knew I would want to own a Lotus. They always seemed like the last sports car I'd want to take a flier on. Then I drove one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep long time coming. Front tyres still are the original 8 year old PZero’s. Passed their best by date both time wise and scrubbed edges. Plus a slash which looks malicious. Rear tread is probably 3/4 remaining so it’s a dilemma as to replacing the fronts. I might just try Michelin PSS and see how the car behaves. I would match the rears if I get more oversteer than I like. Unfortunately PS4’s don’t come in 18 inch here.

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
PS4S sizes here.

My car came with PS4s. I am ordering the 4S version (F&R) in the next few weeks. There are multiple 18" options available in the 4S version. My OEM PS4 tires have some useful tread depth still remaining but at 12K miles they are starting to have noticeably less grip.

I don't know your location, but the 4S is widely available here (USA) at the same or lower price as the PS4 and is said to be improved. I'd look at those as a good option for a street biased Michelin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Australia ?
I read somewhere that the US is possibly the only country selling 18 inch PS4s’.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
757 Posts
Welcome to the fold. I finally got myself an Elise last year a mere 20+ years after I first decided it might just be my perfect sports car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. The Evora doesn’t have the rawness of the Elise but I’m still loving every moment of the Lotus feel. The family currently has a free Uber. Want milk? Need a lift? That’s me till ownership becomes a little bit more normal.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts