·
Registered
1,269 Posts
No, that should be the right size.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man, it really looks bubbly because the side wall on those team dynamics are so flat...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have the same rim with the same size tire (Hoosier A6).

Did you check the recommended rim width for the tire? 8" should be in the recommended range for pretty much any 245 tire.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I have the same rim with the same size tire (Hoosier A6).

Did you check the recommended rim width for the tire? 8" should be in the recommended range for pretty much any 245 tire.
yeah, but not a 45 height tire. 40 is most you should go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The fit is fine. I've a quick question though -- if I'm returning to stock 15/16 inch setup with original wheels and tires, how do I go about removing the rear wheel extension part that allowed me to run the larger rear setup in the first place?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I'm running 255/40-17 in the back. No rubbing. And they're closest to the stock rolling diameter.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I'm running 255/40-17 in the back. No rubbing. And they're closest to the stock rolling diameter.
I still don't know how you're not rubbing. Mine are lightly rubbing in 2 spots! I'm slightly toed out and -2.7deg rear camber. Check the front inside corner of your wheelliner. Maybe you have a hole there now. LOL

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yea your fine that's what I run.

I had 255's before and I have two holes in my fenders.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I run 245/40s on the stock 7.5" lss rims with no problems. Though not ideal, I am of the strong opininon that it yields more outright grip than 225s on the same wheels. There is perhaps more sidewall flex and maybe less road feel than a more ideal rim width but an elise is quite light and it is no problem whatsoever.

As a matter of fact I run 265/16 khmo xs on the back of my 930 which has 8" rims. They are a bit pinched but it actually works pretty well. I do this mostly because there are noo good 16/245s. In general more tire is more better for overall grip, even on less than ideal rim widths.

The ideal rim width for 245 is 8.5-9.0. So its not like you are even pushing the limits. unlesh you want the stupid hella flush look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts