The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 215/50r15 and 245/45r15 Achilles atr k sport. Anyone have thoughts or experiences with these sizes?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The car is 100x better with 15" wheels. No idea on those tires but they should fit just fine with the right offsets. I ran 225/245 Hoosier A7 before which is a little bigger. Now I cant use 15 rear anymore but run 245 fronts on 15x9.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super happy with the outcome. The 15s didn’t clear the adjustable balljoints so I had to grind down the tops but wouldn’t have been a problem with the oem balljoints. Dropped 8lbs per wheel/tire in the rear and no change in the fronts except it’s much wider.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Nice! I am coming up on wrapping up my same exige front clam you have conversion on my Elise that I'll be running without fender liners; do you think 225/45R15 fronts would clear or is 215/50 pushing it as it is?

On a side note, I think that's the first time I've seen the access panels molded into the body like that. I've got the turn signal delete and corner marker deletes (and had the same ghosting around the turn signal with the last clam, really hoping this one doesn't do it 😬). How else do you have the front clam attached?

·
Registered
121 Posts
do you think 225/45R15 fronts would clear or is 215/50 pushing it as it is?
FWIW I have an Elise with stock suspension and have 225/45 15's up front with no issues (and 245/45 16's in back). I think I could fit 225/50's up front (and it would look a little better since the front shows more gap than the rear). Tire selection in all these sizes is pretty challenging though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah 225 would fit, I’m actually going to put 5mm spacers on my 215s.
Front clam is held on by aero latches and the bolts to the side fender. I relocated my fuse box to the cabin and I can remove the front clam easily by myself if needed in about 10 minutes.

I molded the access panels due to the fact one flew off and was ran over on the side of the road lol

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
@onboost91 @Rsv4 dude

Thanks guys. I'm really toying with the idea of a square 225 setup, but yeah, sizes are very limited. Kind of a good thing though because I only have like one or two options in each size (15" or 16").

Re access panels, yeah, that's the reason why I shaved my turn signals the first time, haha. I love aero latches though; I swapped the trunk lid lock with one. What are you doing for the forward bolts on the front clam (under the head lights or by the oil coolers)? I considered aero catches to replace the bolts from the clam to the hinge covers since those are the most tedious since I got rid of the headlight bolts. The Exige clam (or at least the one I got from GRP) has much smaller overhangs and is a ton easier for one person to install than the Elise clam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts