·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY07 Exige S
Tubular header
Tubular sport cat
Custom tuned
Stock S pulley / boost levels .5 bar before intercooler ( 5.5 - 6 lbs after the I/C )

blue before, red after, I had to zoom it in a bit because somebody didn't click the green button the end the run ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
holy smokes. :clap:

What is that like 285+ hp>?

·
Registered
476 Posts
What exhaust? 2bular?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure the hardware on the previous run, i wasn't there for it, it did have the original gotham on it, that was updated too. same dyno for both runs though

2bular/tubular header/sport cat/exhaust

at 20% loss 296 flywheel, at 15% 284

Also i did not advance the timing or make the tune more agressive, the air/fuel is set richer than stock and no changes to the spark maps at all, its all hardware and cam control.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The are two revisions of the gotham, the original one, and the new one, the only differences are that its a newer version of the lotus firmware which helps with cold running, some DBW problems and some idle issues, i've been using that one for a long time now, this car just had one of the last of the originals.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Charlie Magic again!!

Well done!

Jerry

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here's a diffferent (later that day) run that doesn't need the odd scaling. You can see where the cam changes affect things, yes its slightly torquery earlier on the original, but it drops faster, so an overall win with the changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Must have!!!

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
that dyno reads lower. Elises dyno about 155 instead of 167. The car should be 300 crank now. Pretty much the car is done, maybe a decat later. I've gained about 55-60whp and 25 ftlbs, difference becomes much larger on 2nd cam obviously.

I remember the red curve we ran after lunch it read 251 on the dyno. For some reason when you save the DRF files and load them up on your own PC it lowers the value for same correction. The shop also has version 7. Weird...

Hey Charlie, what was the blue graph? Was that the first run before we tuned it? Do you have a graph of the car tuned at 4500 xover? I thinking about going back to 4500.
Was the red curve in the first post the final tune?

I remember the AF on the first cam was around 14, what would happen if we added more fuel there?

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
shay2nak, was the first run done with your setup w/o the 2bular header and sport cats?
if it's the graph i think it is then no. I came to the dyno with the header and sport cat already installed. I have been to this dyno 3 other times before. So I have all the old graphs as well. I'll get those files hopefully tomorrow and I can post all 4 times together to see the progression. But I've gained a lot of power since my very first dyno.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Great work Charlie...that is a very very fast car. I know exactly what that power feels like and it's very punchy indeed. Sigh, how easy it is for people now lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Way to smooth out the delivery on the second graph. What's the A/F plot look like?

This makes me want to buy headers and get a tune from you....

Assuming I acquired some tubular headers, would a mail tune for my S240 be in this range, or better? I'm still a noob to the nuances between the two...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts