The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like this is the place to post these things, rather than the for sale forum. After long deliberation, I unfortunately must part with my 255 cup car even though I've never used it!

2007 cup car (255) for sale.
35 delivery miles only -- car has never been driven
1 owner
Solar Yellow

Base price: $84,900
Destination charge: $1500

Solar Yellow paint: $590
Plate type LSD: $1595
Traction control: $495
Star Shield: $995
Fuel Cell: $3095
Air Jacks: $5495
Level 2 and de-cat exhaust: Free

Total MSRP: $98,755

There were 6 of these for sale across the country when I purchased this a few months ago. There now appear to be 3 left. I believe 12 total were made for the US market.

(Click here for gallery of above)

Scottsdale Lotus has great photos of their car; mine is identical.

Car is located near San Mateo, CA and can be delivered to any SFR SCCA event or to an LCS event (or anywhere about that distance from San Mateo). Of course shipping at the buyer's expense is available anywhere in the US as well. Unfortunately, for a car of this type no test drive is available. Car came new from dealer without warranty and will go to buyer as-is, without warranty. Car is in perfect condition, as you can imagine since it has never seen the track.

As this is not a street legal car, there is no title, only a bill of sale and MSO. That also means no registration fees or taxes. Looking for a quick sale, make an offer.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Good luck with your sale. The market is very soft right now. If you don't have to sell it, wait. Everyone is looking for deals and just has their hands in their pockets. Look what I have on EBay and no offers, it's ridiculous now. Like the stock market, at some point you just have to hold on and wait it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Vehicles-Trailers_Race-Cars-Not-Street-Legal__Lotus-275-HP-Turbocharged-Elise-Full-Carbon-Fiber-Body_W0QQitemZ330312089713QQddnZOtherQ20VehiclesQ20Q26Q20TrailersQQadiZ2792QQddiZ2828QQadnZRaceQ20CarsQ20Q28NotQ20StreetQ20LegalQ29QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_?hash=item330312089713&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I'm going to put mine back on the street as well as continue to track it if I don't get my reserve.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look what I have on EBay and no offers, it's ridiculous now.
I've found that ebay is not the best place to sell race cars.

That's a great car you've got there. I mean wow! IMHO the Ikeya is garbage but otherwise it makes me drool.

Can you comment on the turbo? Last week was the very first time ever that I got to drive a turbo car on track (Porsche GT2) and it sucked because of the on-off of the turbo. Sounds like on your car the boost is conservative and this shouldn't be a big problem?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I pulled the Ikeya at the start of last season. I could never get it adjusted right. 3rd gear and reverse were never easy to engage, in fact they were impossible. I spent almost the entire season before that trying to get it right, hence the low mileage on the car. Ikeya never would admit that there was a problem. I finally found the issue myself...the cam on the mechanism was too small of a radius and the cable never traveled the proper distance so it never went completely into gear. Too bad they didn't make it right, it's quite a shifter otherwise.

I have had no issues with the turbo as far as power or lag. It's very responsive the way I have it set up. The key thing with a turbo is to get the inlet, outlet and turbo size all correct. Smaller is better typically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts