The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
There's some misinformation (or perhaps lies?) in that ad. Where to start...

Well, Chrome Orange was a $1200 option and still is, as are all the Lifestyle colors. Not $1800.

I'm trying to add up those add-ons in my head. $5000 for a Katana, $400 for the splitter, $1300 for the wing... Plus $2500-3000 for labor. That's less than $10k. $15k in upgrades is just B.S.

It's a nice car, but sales tactic seems sketchy.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
hey, it's just salesmanship...

If he can fool the gullable, give the guy kudos...
that's what great about ebay (and bad)

·
Registered
217 Posts
270HP is about right for flywheel, lotus uses flywheel numbers for its marketing.
Charlie is the man and apparently has common sense and general common knowledge. lawl @ everyone who didn't recognize that Lotus in fact boosts numbers to increase sales. Doesn't every company on the planet do this? I see no shame in that guy's ad, even though he posted slightly higher numbers to help the sale. I thought it was cute with the various postings..."meh, he said it was 15k... I counted it and it was only 14.98k.... guy is a total liar.." lol. Sorry, I just found the drama queens funny. No offense, but cmon ppl. BTW, there isn't a JFK grassy knoll shooter, no government cover-up on aliens, or BATBOY!

To all the people who I am referring to, consider yourself pwned and recognize. Quit hating on a guy within a RESPECTABLE realm of exaggeration. Live in this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I crazy? :thwack:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I thought it was cute with the various postings..."meh, he said it was 15k... I counted it and it was only 14.98k.... guy is a total liar.." lol.

Who the **** said it was $14.98k? If you add the numbers and are generous with the labor at $3000, it falls well under $10k. That's not $15k. That's not $14.98k. That's just not accurate.

Exaggerating to enhance your nonsensical and perhaps nonexistent point? No wonder you're so defensive of the seller's tactics. You are two of a kind.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
i messaged him a couple weeks ago when this was listed about how his setup is false and i got a mind your own business / i dont know what im talking about response

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey he's got a c*ck walloping 0 bids so far

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like how he implies you'll somehow be able to cheat your state out of tax on the vehicle because he's a private seller, as though you won't have to prove tax paid to register the vehicle and get plates. Not to mention the window tint that would be illegal in my state, and a host of exaggerations. There should be enough to tip off a buyer who's done his research...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Who the **** said it was $14.98k? If you add the numbers and are generous with the labor at $3000, it falls well under $10k. That's not $15k. That's not $14.98k. That's just not accurate.

Exaggerating to enhance your nonsensical and perhaps nonexistent point? No wonder you're so defensive of the seller's tactics. You are two of a kind.
My whole post was indeed an exaggeration. That what made it so comical to me. It WAS funny, wasn't it...uh...hello...uh... Exaggeration+Exaggeration=2x the nonsensical exaggeration. Here is how this system works:
Phase One - make exaggeration
Phase Two - ....uh..... hmmm.....?
Phase Three - PROFIT! :nanner2:

BTW... lighten up Francis.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Uhhh somebody bolted an ugly ass piece of **** to the rear of that car, oh and they call it a "wing".........

Todd

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
which is why I have yet to see an aftermarket wing on an elise that doesn't look out of place :popcorn:
I'm just saying out of all of them, it's the best option. Also, this is why my car came with a wing when I bought it. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts