The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I installed my new 2Bular 6x18 GT3 exhaust. The exhaust sounds amazing! It is quite loud but it transforms the car so now it sounds like a proper sports car! I really enjoy that when I lift off the throttle the exhaust will crackle and pop! Gotta love it!

The install was pretty straight forward. The hardest part was removing the stock exhaust. It took me about 20 min of wrestling! Once that was off it was a breeze. One interesting thing is on the U-bend side the 2bular only uses one hangar instead of two. It should be a problem because the exhaust is probably a good 20lbs lighter and it is supported by the exhaust pipe on that side.

The craftsmanship and materials look superb on the exhaust! I have to say I am very happy with my purchase!

Attached are a few pictures I snapped, and a video I just took. The video's quality could be better, but I was stuck using a cheap camera. Also it should be noted I do have a cup car airbox as well. Otherwise the car is stock engine wise.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Robert, too bad the crackles when shifting didn't come through as well as in real life. Sounds good! Nice camera work too. :p

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
What kind of tune did you use to support this + your cup box?
no need to run a tune for just a different intake box & catback...

take the cat off & get a quality header, then it might be worthwhile

with that said, a factory Exige S could certainly be milked for some extra power with a flash/tune from something like koldfire

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of tune did you use to support this + your cup box?
I have a completely stock tune unless a previous owners did something without my knowledge.

no need to run a tune for just a different intake box & catback...

take the cat off & get a quality header, then it might be worthwhile

with that said, a factory Exige S could certainly be milked for some extra power with a flash/tune from something like koldfire
Driftwood has it exactly right. No tune is needed for an exhaust or intake. A new tune may help if I removed my cat and installed new headers though.

I plan on getting a new koldfire 270+ tune too, but I figure I should upgrade my intercooler and add supplemental cooling first. This way i can get the most bang for my buck!

I have to say Jim did a great job on the exhaust! He really knows his stuff!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Have you checked what kind of AFR youre running? I agree that with an upgraded header + decat that a tune would be necessary as the system will lean out but Ive also read across these boards some back & forths about the intake (over the exhaust) potentially leaning out the fuel?

I have a full 2bular system from Jim waiting to be installed & I agree - its damn pretty! I cant comment on the fitment yet since I havent installed & we also had to clear out the ribbed section of my diffuser...thinking back on it, I shouldve just told him to design it for the non-ribbed diffuser & pulled those off. Im a bit concerned with the clearance as the flange of the decat to the can is about 1/2" only.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you got rid of the ugly heat shield you may have to put some heat preventing material thinggy. Otherwise, you may end up like me. My exhaust is also a Tubular and the diameter is really small but after my 4th session at Laguna Seca last year, I started to see some bubble looking stuff on the clam shell (around where the U of Lotus is). Fortunately those are gone but it got pretty darn hot down there :)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked what kind of AFR youre running?
I can check my AFR's tomorrow...

If you got rid of the ugly heat shield you may have to put some heat preventing material thinggy. Otherwise, you may end up like me. My exhaust is also a Tubular and the diameter is really small but after my 4th session at Laguna Seca last year, I started to see some bubble looking stuff on the clam shell (around where the U of Lotus is). Fortunately those are gone but it got pretty darn hot down there :)
Which heat shielding are you talking about and where on the clam did you see it? That is what the header heat wrap is for. I'm hoping it will protect the clam... Well that is why I have it on there anyways!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts