The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I want to buy the engine protection kit from 2bular (header and one Big cat, so remove the two on oem header.) For my 15 Evora S.
I already have the 2bular silencer.

Somebody have this kit?
I'm looking for people Can give me their opinion.
2bular tells me that the gain is about 40HP, better sound and less heat in engine bay.

I want to put a sport air filter in oem box in same time, like a K&N or BMC.

What do you think?
Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had this on my S1 Evora N/A, I really liked the sound and it wasn't too loud.

Also equipped on the car when I got it was the radium intake, I would strongly suggest a full replacement intake rather than the drop in filter. The noise is glorious!

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
1. I don't trust 2bular. I asked if he had dyno sheets. He lied to me and said he did, but - get this - I wouldn't understand them. That's absurd and insulting. He gave a similar answer to another LT member.

2. Their header finished last in the BOE header test. He lied about BOE choosing their own header as the winner. BUT, BOE had no header in the test.

3. If no dyno runs are made, quoting + 40 hp is nonsense. Ask him to prove that number.

4. Do yourself a huge favor. Follow these instructions to see if your investment was worth it:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The boe's test of header is on 2zz right?
I can't find any test on the Evora S...
Can't find too the dyno if the BOE header...

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
The boe's test of header is on 2zz right?
I can't find any test on the Evora S...
Can't find too the dyno if the BOE header...
Yes, the 2ZZ header test was merely the 2nd of his lies. An example.

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
2bular send me that
How do we know what header was on that car?? Even if it was, how much of hp & tq where on the rpm range did it produce.

You can check with Komo- tec I guess. While I would not buy from this guy, you certainly can.

I remember some fellow telling Phil (BOE) that he simply copied whatever Phil made, but don't remember if it was headers, diffusers or what.

BTW, I really like your family photo. Good stuff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the dyno it's an exige 380. No more information. Maybe I Can contact komo tec for more information about 2bular.
I have write to BOE for information and dyno about her header, but this header bas created for the NA Evora...

and Can I mount other header on my 2 bular 70mm catback...?

thank you Guy but now i'm Lost haha

Thanks for the photo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts