The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! I have a slightly used 2bular exhaust that is designed for a supercharged S2 Exige. It is the 8" diameter version with a single oval tip. No diffuser mods required, bolts right in. This is a beautifully made stainless steel exhaust that is, according to reviews, one of, if not the best sounding on our cars.

When I bought it it had 750 miles on it according to the previous owner. It turns out he had cooked the packing (probably from a too-rich fuel trim on his aftermarket tune, according to Jim at 2bular) so it was repacked with the correct packing from Bristol Core as recommended by Jim.

So basically freshly repacked, almost new version of a difficult to find and long lead time exhaust, ready to go. Comes with a box of extra packing (they sent wayy too much) so you can re-pack again in the future if needed.

These are $715 new, plus hefty shipping costs, and import duties from England. Around a $900 value. I never installed it, and I have sold my Exige so no longer need it.

Asking $575 picked up in the Bay Area. I can also possibly drive it to you farther away in California if there are some great back roads on the way :)) Prefer not to ship, so contact me in about two weeks if it hasn't sold and I will consider it then.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Would this fit inside a large luggage. I have a buddy that lives in San Fran and travels back home every weekend. I wonder if he will be able to put it inside a checked in luggage and bring it to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will measure it and get back to you. Maybe diagonally, with a lot of clothes so it doesn't rattle around. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would this fit inside a large luggage. I have a buddy that lives in San Fran and travels back home every weekend. I wonder if he will be able to put it inside a checked in luggage and bring it to me.
So it is 40-1/2" X 12" X 9". The longest part is the rod ends (where it mounts to the hangers), the widest is were the oval tip is, the 9" is the diameter, with some room for the brackets/clamps. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
I have that exhaust. I don't honestly know what else to compare it with since it came with the vehicle. I must assume the packing has been gone from the start as well.

I can say with the 2bular header and flexi decat, is produces a VERY satisfying note. I even had a cop compliment me on it as I had charges dismissed in court... " Sounds like a streetbike with a good pipe"

pops, gurgles, no backfiring though. It wails when your on it. Deeper note, having difficulties expressing.

I must resort to haiku...

Heavens Gate opens
Angry toy machine screams loud
Heads on a swivel

If interested " Cody Lee Brewton" has a clip of me taking off from a cars n coffee. ( I don't know how to isolate the url or video)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KnoxvilleCarEnthusiasts/search/?query=lotus&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Now I can refer to this thread when the next "what's the best exhaust" battle comes about :evil:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that exhaust. I don't honestly know what else to compare it with since it came with the vehicle. I must assume the packing has been gone from the start as well.

I can say with the 2bular header and flexi decat, is produces a VERY satisfying note. I even had a cop compliment me on it as I had charges dismissed in court... " Sounds like a streetbike with a good pipe"

pops, gurgles, no backfiring though. It wails when your on it. Deeper note, having difficulties expressing.

I must resort to haiku...

Heavens Gate opens
Angry toy machine screams loud
Heads on a swivel

If interested " Cody Lee Brewton" has a clip of me taking off from a cars n coffee. ( I don't know how to isolate the url or video)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KnoxvilleCarEnthusiasts/search/?query=lotus&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Now I can refer to this thread when the next "what's the best exhaust" battle comes about :evil:
LOL Motard, exhaust haiku... :))

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
you would need to scroll down the search results until you find Cody Lee Brewton's post that has my vehicle leaving a car and coffee.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts