The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't seen this info posted on here yet and I thought others would like to know.

That is, based on the 2bular website and an email with Jim, it would appear that the 2bular Twin Silencer Exhaust (that was previously indicated in the fourm as being in development) is now available for the N/A Evora. The cats are optional and there is no need for a de-cat pipe.

Link to the N/A Evora section of the 2bular website: Lotus Evora N/A

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
Please search first. These have been installed on some cars already.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My apologizes if this has already been posted. My search only found threads regarding the headers, downpipe, and decat pipe. The only thread I found regarding the exhaust was one by Jim indicating it was in development.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
Sorry, yes if you mean the silencer portion of the exhaust system that is good if it is now available. My conversations with Jim earlier in week, regarding SC not NA were that a valved silencer will be in development.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Are there any sound clips of this?

I'm waiting on final word/pricing for his headers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Are there any sound clips of this?

I'm waiting on final word/pricing for his headers

Pricing for all the 2bular exhaust components (including the headers) is listed on the 2bular website.

As far as sound clips, I have not heard of any for this dual silencer exhaust. However, there is at least two youtube videos that have soundclips of the 2bular headers and downpipe with the Lotus sport exhaust (and Radium CAI).

Frankly speaking, given the number of people that have installed the 2bular headers I would have thought there would have been more reviews/videos out there. Also, I don’t believe I’ve seen any dyno results. Nevertheless, despite this, I plan on getting the full 2bular system as soon as I can source some o2 sensor extension cables.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Damn how did I miss pricing? I've been checking occasionally...

I'm assuming in order to not throw codes with the headers you'd have to use his sport cat or similar to plug the sensor into?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Thank you Ray! :) Beat me to it.

Haven't had much time recently to post up Evora developments but they're happening.
Very pleased with the Twin Silencer system - no need for a seperate De-Cat pipe (apologies to anyone who's already purchased one!).
I'll post more pics/weights after the week-end. Weather has been rubbish, so no chance of a video yet.

Evora S:

Headers are having a slight re-design.
Downpipes same.
System; a radical lightweight, valved-system is on the drawing board - available next month.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Jim for still moving forward with the supercharged stuff. Can't wait to see the muffler set up!

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Thanks Jim for still moving forward with the supercharged stuff. Can't wait to see the muffler set up!
Thank you :wave:

It's been very hectic with demand for the Elise/Exige exhausts recently and I have some catching up to do on the custom orders for those.
Familiarity with the Evora layout (N/A & S) is generating some great ideas though! Working with race teams means a different diffuser layout and the tailpipes moved up to below the clam - don't know how that will be received -I'll post up some pics when the exhaust is finished. Valves for the S exhausts have arrived :nanner:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Thank you :wave:

It's been very hectic with demand for the Elise/Exige exhausts recently and I have some catching up to do on the custom orders for those.
Familiarity with the Evora layout (N/A & S) is generating some great ideas though! Working with race teams means a different diffuser layout and the tailpipes moved up to below the clam - don't know how that will be received -I'll post up some pics when the exhaust is finished. Valves for the S exhausts have arrived :nanner:
Hey Jim- Any updates to the race exhausts? I would be interested in an above diffuser exit super light no cat race system.

best
Robb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts