The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you've browsed the 2bular website under the "Exige S" section you'll have come across the GT3 RH GRILLE option. They look great.
Does anyone have the 2bular 7" or 8" GT3 single exit above diffuser w/ rh grille installed? I like the 8" version of the GT3 due to lower noise levels.
I know about Jim's fanatical attention to quality so I don't anticipate too many pictures, but whatever you all have is fine.

I hear the waiting list is over 12 weeks!
-Robert

Here are some pictures of 2bular exhausts.
Does anyone know the dimensions of the Phantom Black Exige's silencer?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I ordered mine last week to go with my Ronin Katana supercharger. I didn't order the grill as removing the grill helps lowering temp. But if you must have the grill I guess it will look good. You can check on moremonkey.com for some pictures. I think this exhaust looks stunning and propably one of the few exhaust worth showing by removing the panel.

I will post a pic of my exhaust when I get it.

·
shay2nak
24,994 Posts
the first pic is actually an Arqray. I have the same setup and like the others had to cut the hole myself using cardboard to get the dimensions right and a dremel tool to actually cut the grill.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered mine last week to go with my Ronin Katana supercharger. I didn't order the grill as removing the grill helps lowering temp. But if you must have the grill I guess it will look good.
Can anybody tell me how the heat shield behind the grill can be removed. Is it fixed with screws or is it riveted to the rest of the exhaust/cat shielding.
And if this is removed, where is the black aluminium plate is fixed to.

Thanks!
Frank

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is an integral part of the shielding. Very light aluminum that cuts easily with any kind of shears. I cut mine off just above the fiberglas lip, and left the portions that are above, to the sides, and in front of the muffler. Looks pretty good with that big 8 inch polished can and the cat delete. Sounds good too. Not too loud, but healthy.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Can you imagine that? The DHL came home yesterday to deliver the 2bular. I was out for work, my gf was out too and my mother in law was babysitting the kids. Well, there were a 100$ of fees to pay and guess what? My MIL refused the package!!! :panic::crazyeyes:panic:

WTF? Come on, I waited for almost 3 months to get this exhaust. Anyway, I'm going to DHL to pick it up. I should be able to install it over the week end.

:coolnana:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Oh, nevermind. I see where you are now. :) Was wondering what the fees were for.

So which one did you go for and where are the pictures?!?!?! :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
yep, living in Canada sucks.

I chose the atright back rolled tip. Pictures tomorrow. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Done!
Took me about 4 hours taking my time. The worst part was taking off the rear panel.

I did a quick test drive. Sounds good, feels awesome. It's maybe just in my head, but it feels faster. Loving it!:coolnana:

Pictures to come.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
So did they send you the old 4.5" ultra or their new 6" ultra?

And what did you have on there before?
I ordered the 8"X24" 2.5in straight exhaust. I had the stocker.

It's not much louder than the stock exhaust, but it does feel faster. Maybe it's just the deeper sound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts