The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search to no avail; Does anybody know the exhaust tip diameter of the 2bular gt3 single?....
Thanks

·
Banned
403 Posts
Did a search to no avail; Does anybody know the exhaust tip diameter of the 2bular gt3 single?....
Thanks
I usually weld a 3"dia tip on to the final 2.5"dia bend, having regard for the noise regs over here, but you can have larger if you prefer and aren't too concerned about noise limits.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info; Is this Jim? I actually ordered a 7X24 GT3 from Blackwatch Racing yesterday. Is it possible to get a 4" or 4.5" tip? I suppose I will email BWR for changes...:panic:

Also: does the tip diameter dramatically effect db levels? Am I in danger of the exhaust sounding too obnoxious? (read 'ricey')

·
Banned
403 Posts
Thanks for the info; Is this Jim? I actually ordered a 7X24 GT3 from Blackwatch Racing yesterday. Is it possible to get a 4" or 4.5" tip? I suppose I will email BWR for changes...:panic:

Also: does the tip diameter dramatically effect db levels? Am I in danger of the exhaust sounding too obnoxious? (read 'ricey')
Heh Lance :wave: no problem on the tip change. I use tips with conical inlets to control the sound waves better. The typical "ricey" blaaaat happens when the system finishes abruptly inside an overly large tip - you've lost control of the sound. With a 7 x24 silencer, the large tip won't seriously affect sound levels - top end would be an amazing howl though! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Jim; would you happen to know what diameter tip is on that red Elise? Looks a bit big....:huh: I'm trying to get a proportional visual on what will look right....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Thanks, Jim; would you happen to know what diameter tip is on that red Elise? Looks a bit big....:huh: I'm trying to get a proportional visual on what will look right....
Looks like MattinHouston's car... I think its a 4 inch tip if I remember correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts