The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have instructions and install details for a full 2bular install? I got a used header and test pipe from one LT user here and the muffler from another LT user.

Exhaust gasket to use?
Head bolts?
Specs and details would be nice to see. I searched and find different bolts are needed for different headers and don't want to mess anything up just using my best guesses.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
When I bought my full 2bular kit, Jim told me NOT to use a OEM exhaust manifold gasket that the ports were not big enough and would hinder some flow. He provided one that was made for his headers. As for bolts, I just reused my OEM ones torqued to normal standards.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. Any source for a similar gasket in the US? I don't really want to deal with trying to get one from him. So far i have the old system completely off.

Since threads suck without pics have a look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Stock bolts will work fine.

I had the same problem. I waited for Jim to send me a gasket and the flange gaskets too.

You may find a suitable sub but it's worth the wait to do it rite!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Could make a cardboard template of the header ports and get a stock gasket and modify it to open it up

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
When I bought my full 2bular kit, Jim told me NOT to use a OEM exhaust manifold gasket that the ports were not big enough and would hinder some flow. He provided one that was made for his headers. As for bolts, I just reused my OEM ones torqued to normal standards.
+1

I'd still try to buy one from him. Might as well get the decat flange caskets, too.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could make a cardboard template of the header ports and get a stock gasket and modify it to open it up
I'm afraid this might be the best approach. Would a PPE header from BWR be a better option?. I really don't want to wait on 2bular.

Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
PPE is good but 2Bular is the best, even a used 2Bular IMO is worth the wait. Don't get me wrong, BWR sells some great quality products but Jims headers are worthy of hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PPE is good but 2Bular is the best, even a used 2Bular IMO is worth the wait. Don't get me wrong, BWR sells some great quality products but Jims headers are worthy of hanging on the wall.
Sorry. I meant the gasket for a PPE. I've got the 2bular header already.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ANOTHER QUESTION:

The sport cat (not kitty shown in photo) is toast and the test pipe has the wrong flange.

Anyone hear this setup with a gutted cat compared to a test pipe? I'm going to need to get it down to a muffler shop to install the test pipe (needs different flange). I can gut the cat and be in business.

Thoughts from those how have heard both?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are slow.

Well I just fired it up in the garage real quick. Loud and raspy. It's pops and crackles.

I liked it. I need a road test though.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I don't get it. That looks like a decat. What cat is shot?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a quick test clip. That's about 4500RPM peak. Opinions?

I've never heard one of these in person.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Sounds pretty good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts