The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I (re-)use the original Toyota exhaust manifold gaskets part 17173-0P020 with my (second hand) 2Bular headers? Or are there special ones from 2Bular needed?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I would recommend new...I used a copper gasket when it was available from more power racing but they're no longer in business and I can't seem to find it anywhere else. Can't remember the brand

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just wondering. Because I know 2Bular has a special gasket for his larger bore headers for the 4 cylinder supercharged Exige.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It might be special because it doesn't cover the air holes but the stock gasket is the size of the exhaust ports

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
You have to use the 2bular gasket. The exhaust port cutouts are larger than the Toyota gasket. I had bought the headers long before Jim sent the gaskets out and I had to use the Toyota one not knowing about the port size issue. Anyway, when I finally did swap out the gasket for the 2bular version, I put them one on top of the other and definite difference in port size. Also, because the Toyota gasket port is smaller, you could see all the soot on the outer perimeter of the port cutouts because they are smaller. So you'll most likely have leaks from the flange as well because of this, as I did.

·
Illegal Alien
5,261 Posts
This is an Evora forum. The headers are not the same.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
oops. I'm sure the ports are still larger than stock, though. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts