The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Production now running on the following exhaust components;

V6 Header set - The first step to a vastly improved Evora - sound and performance! We've seen some very good gains in power and torque with these and the resulting exhaust note is wonderful. There's no need to re-flash the ECU, it will re-tune itself.
Increased the bore size from factory 42mm up to 45mm (1 3/4") into a proper merge collector - every little helps! Only header on the market using this feature.
I also made sure the steady bracket on the front set is carried over to my design, I think you need it with the leverage from the downpipe/flexy section - again, the only header on the market to use this.
These are a straight swap-out for the factory headers.

£980 per set + (20%Vat tax on EU purchases). Shipping - depends where you are - send a zip code for quote.

Full fitting instructions will be supplied. The work took 3 of us 4 man-hours. The PITA is the wiring extension work for the Lambda sensors but anyone with soldering skills would handle it no problem. I did think about getting some patch leads made up but dealing with UK suppiers would try the patience of a saint.
Sainthoo on here is an early adoptor and we'll see how it goes with a US car after he's done his tests.

These are for the N/A Evora, the Evora S headers will be along in a couple of weeks - a 51mm (2") header set for a +400bhp motor!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Very pretty - I am going to have to wait for now as I just got done doing a lot of other things and want to play around with it as is. This is definitely in the list though for the future.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Jim, these look fantastic.

I was going to email you to see how you are getting on with the Evora stuff.

Can you fit these aswell? Or supply only?

·
Premium Member
6,246 Posts
??Affects on emissions testing?? I know sensors are there but headers have a history of >>>...!

·
Banned
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK! I am interested! What would it cost for headers and shipping to Wichita Ks 67226. Also, time for shipping.
Shipping by Fedex is £62 - approx $98. Headers are in stock now - with you for next week-end.

Payment: I haven't got these up on the website yet! It's a secure way of sending me your card/shipping details though.
If you click on say, the Exige S header and go through the process with a note to send the Evora Headers(!) I'll look out for you :)

·
Banned
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
??Affects on emissions testing?? I know sensors are there but headers have a history of >>>...!
Yes, the emissions were ok for the UK test just using the big main Cat - not sure how that compares with some US states though?
Thankfully, the days of the ultra-sensitive Lotus ECU appear to be in the past. There's been no problem with CEL's with this install/ECU.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
"Sainthoo on here is an early adoptor and we'll see how it goes with a US car after he's done his tests."

Any update on the install and/or performance of the NA Headers and Downpipe by Sainthoo ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sure, but that alone doesn't always mean there's a better gain, especially on a NA car. If it would only be that simple :rolleyes:

When it comes to the "no need to re-flash the ECU" thing there are a few things to know:

Even if the adaption of the T6 ECU on a stock base allows quite a few mods and MOST of the early SW versions are not sensitive regarding MILS, there was an update after an update for every Evora type and market. What might work with A or B type programming doesn't necessarily still work with E or F revisions and so far.

Here are a few reasons for recent updates:

PXXXX fix
Fix for throttle auto zero fault
Fix for PXXXX DTC - prevents false setting PXXXX fix Misfire detection updated to correct potential false detection at Idle.
PXXXX fix
Throttle pedal response
Minor diagnostic changes
Correction to PXXXX DTC fault detection
PXXXX and throttle auto zero fix
PXXXX fix
Bug fix for reprogramming
PXXXX fix
In use VIN Issue

And a lot more "PXXXX DTC" fixes ...

I am sure the headers will work out great without a tune and several SW versions will not light up a MIL using the headers and at least the STOCK after-cat on the NA.

However even if a tune is not "required" and the headers also are good enough for very noticeable gains, the tune is the key to even more torque and power as we not only fine-tune AFRs, IGN and CAM Phase but also a lot of other important maps and "switches" inside the ECU :cool:

Cheers!
Luke

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have the tune - I do not have headers. I have a free flowing exhaust and Radium's CAI.

I have noticed a huge difference in the car - what makes me curious is:

1) just how loud it would be with no cats at all
2) Any guesses as to what kind of gains could be had with MWR's 3.7l bore, these headers, no muffler and some tuning...

Can't we all get along? :D

·
Banned
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the tune - I do not have headers. I have a free flowing exhaust and Radium's CAI.

I have noticed a huge difference in the car - what makes me curious is:

1) just how loud it would be with no cats at all
2) Any guesses as to what kind of gains could be had with MWR's 3.7l bore, these headers, no muffler and some tuning...

Can't we all get along? :D
mm, mm. An open exhaust on a V6 :nanner:

I've tended to steer away from LOUD exhausts these days and it's been about 5 years since I last made a V6 system (Alfa Romeo). The owner wanted LOUD and even though I say it myself, it turned out wonderful - I can still hear it to this day. 24 Italian valves though - the 2GR-FE is relatively unsophisticated but .....................I'm curious.
The owner of the Evora we've used for the exhaust R&D tells me he wouldn't want it any louder than it is now. He's running the Sports exhaust from Lotus along with the headers - stock main Cat.

No idea on power guess with your wish list but it's getting me all jumpy just thinking about it!
I like your straight-back option! Bang-for-buck that's got to be a winner. I will be making something similar but with a mini-silencer in there. That damned anti-roll bar is just in the wrong place for what I want to do!

"get along" ? You mean "Play nice, boys!" rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

1 - 20 of 37 Posts