The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the last pieces of my 2bular NA Exhaust System today.
You can see the "PreCat" O2 sensor ports in the Header Collectors, and the "PostCat" Ports on the distal end of the Metallic Cat.

I'm anxious to get them installed, but it may be a couple weeks, since I'm waiting for my new 2 post lift to arrive, and I've got a couple races coming up.

I'll post photos of the install, along with before and after Dyno data.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I received the last pieces of my 2bular NA Exhaust System today.
You can see the "PreCat" O2 sensor ports in the Header Collectors, and the "PostCat" Ports on the distal end of the Metallic Cat.

I'm anxious to get them installed, but it may be a couple weeks, since I'm waiting for my new 2 post lift to arrive, and I've got a couple races coming up.

I'll post photos of the install, along with before and after Dyno data.
Hey Don nice floor!
Ron

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
ahh... and the B side too :)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yeah, Jim doesn't play around. :D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Very nice, Don!

The Evora's have come a long way from having nothing available.. Now we got an awesome CAI, several of exhaust upgrades...even a couple of supercharger kits to choose from.

It's only a matter of time before someone offers an engine swap solution!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had this installed a couple of weeks ago. The sound with the radium CAI is amazing! Which cat did you get from him?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Hopefully there won't be a proven S version come along. My vow not to mod would be seriously challenged.
And please, no CAI either!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
looks great! very nice bends, now lets see a muffler!

·
Registered
7,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a start. But thankfully (for my vow to remain stock) there's plenty more to do. Incl ECU "experiments"

Sarcasm aside, this is an exciting prospect. Even though there is a lot to be said for the grown up stock sound.
I think the ECU tuning should be done AFTER the Exhaust System, to optimize the benefits of each.

I'm not as interested in the sound as I am in the 30 HP to be gained. Having said that, my stock NA Evora is SO quiet that sometimes I have to look at the tach to know when to shift.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I think you'll be very impressed with the combination of that exhaust system and a sport muffler. The sound will match its looks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the 200cell Metallic Sports Cat.
I think that is all Jim is currently offering.
I was talking with him about it and he did a 100cell cat for me. Jim is the man!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I noticed there is an o2 bung on each of the 2bular header manifolds, I thought these were removed and instead, the o2's were extended to be placed onto the cat?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
1 upstream and 1 downstream for each cat's element.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts