The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm a new Lotus owner (elise) as of early this year. :) I read a lot of info on exhaust systems and decided to purchase from 2bular.

On Sept. 9th I purchased a full exhaust system from Jim (heard many good things). He charged my account on Sept 10th. It's now a little over 6 weeks later and I don't not have a product yet.

Is this normal for 2bular?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have heard over the years to be patient and the product is worth the wait.

I was just in the same boat as you. I placed my order for a 7" GT3 on September 6th and received the product on October 17th. Your wait my be longer for a full exhaust. Have you contacted Jim? He consistently responded to my inquiry emails within a day.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I am experiencing the same situation. I also ordered my exhaust on October 9th. Jim said I would have it in a week. When I contacted him the following Monday, he indicated that my card was declined but that he forgot to contact me in order to rerun the card. (overseas transaction was spotted by amex on the 10th, amex called me on the 10th and I approved the transaction on the 10th). I told Jim this and he reran the card again the following day and my account was charged. Jim said I would have my exhaust by Friday. I contacted Jim again on Thursday to get tracking information, he still had not shipped out the exhaust. He said it would definitely ship out on Friday and would email me the tracking info. Friday came and went, no tracking info. On Monday the 22nd, I contacted Jim asking for the tracking info which was then provided. Still waiting for the exhaust...

I also ordered from Jim because of the comments on this forum. And I must say that he was very helpful and on the ball before the sale. But once the order was placed, it continued to fall through the cracks.

After all of this, I guess I expected Jim to provide some sort of restitution, i.e. 2nd day shipping, or something to make up for the lost time and continued broken commitments...

Needless to say... disappointed... :sad:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Jim seems to be backed up a bit because of the amount of orders.

1) It is worth the wait.
2) He is a man of his word from what I read.
3) Art sometimes takes time.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I have been ordering from Jim for many years. He get's a bit backed up but always delivers the best exhaust systems on the planet. Worth the wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard over the years to be patient and the product is worth the wait.

I was just in the same boat as you. I placed my order for a 7" GT3 on September 6th and received the product on October 17th. Your wait my be longer for a full exhaust. Have you contacted Jim? He consistently responded to my inquiry emails within a day.
Yes, I have contacted him a few times and like another poster has already said, he says he's going to ship but it has not happened yet.

So I wait patiently....:sad:

Also, just so people know, he is outsourcing his header making now. At least that's what he told me.

Thanks for the reply's.

·
Banned
403 Posts
Heh, my apologies to those of you still waiting for your exhaust. I don't have to check the order book to know it's the custom guys with header and the Ti orders. Time-consuming stuff.
Getting through the back-log now - one custom to do (Dennis C) and one Ti (Tyson N).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to update...I received my full xhaust yesterday 11/6. It's looks great. :drool:

Just took some patience.

Thanks Jim! :clap:

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I have been ordering from Jim for many years. He get's a bit backed up but always delivers the best exhaust systems on the planet. Worth the wait!
Which GT3 exhaust did you get? There are 3 variations...if you got the Titanium option, how much of it is actually Titanium? And what is the H1 chamber option? What does it do to the flow/HP?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts