The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im a newby here so if this question is a lil stupid dont hate me for it. but im 16 and my dad is buying me a brand new exige next month and i am really interested in the 2bular ultra exhaust i've already talked to jim about it and i've already made my choice:clap: . but will tht void my lotus warranty????????? :shrug: thanx

·
Registered
475 Posts
Why buy a brand new one? you will have to break it in before you can really get on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha my best friend asked him to buy him a 95 mustang and he actually did!

·
Registered
475 Posts
He needs a used one, right. In polar blue -poke-

:)
That would certainly work. But really, if I was 16 and getting one of these cars, I would want to be able to put my right foot all the way down as much as I want. I guess he could and destroy his warranty, but if dad's buying, might as well.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I hope someone taps both your bumpers at 5mph, you wait 3 months to get it back, and the day you get it, someone taps both your bumpers at 5mph..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
why u say tht?
Cause you're 16, getting a car that attracts attention, and you're looking to modify it in a way that will attract even more attention.

You go to this much effort to attract attention, and you'll get it.

I'll eat my hat if you don't have 3 tickets in the first 6 months, especially driving a car that the officer will perceive as unobtainable for him. "Punk rich kid thinks he's above the law eh, well I'll show him."

Anyway, make sure you know a good lawyer and please, sign up for performance driving lessons, yes they're expensive, but it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cause you're 16, getting a car that attracts attention, and you're looking to modify it in a way that will attract even more attention.

You go to this much effort to attract attention, and you'll get it.

I'll eat my hat if you don't have 3 tickets in the first 6 months, especially driving a car that the officer will perceive as unobtainable for him. "Punk rich kid thinks he's above the law eh, well I'll show him."

Anyway, make sure you know a good lawyer and please, sign up for performance driving lessons, yes they're expensive, but it'll be worth it.
glad u mentioned tht. tht was one of the first things i plan on doing at memphis motor speedway. but also i wont have to worry about most cops my dad does undercover work for 3 different law enforcement agencies so i'll be pretty good on tht lol ;)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
but also i wont have to worry about most cops my dad does undercover work for 3 different law enforcement agencies so i'll be pretty good on tht lol ;)
Aw c'mon, be a man. Don't rely on your dad to buy you a car and keep you out of trouble, stand on your own! Only then will you truly know yourself.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
glad u mentioned tht. tht was one of the first things i plan on doing at memphis motor speedway. but also i wont have to worry about most cops my dad does undercover work for 3 different law enforcement agencies so i'll be pretty good on tht lol ;)
I didn't think police type work paid so well. Mind you doesn't Memphis have the highest violent crime rate in the US? That might keep your dad busy.

A performance driving course is a great idea. Not only will you be a safer driver, you'll also be a better one and be able to use more of the car's potential.

·
Registered
223 Posts
GOD HELP YOU!!!

I would have probably killed myself if I had a Lotus as my first car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts