The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,170 Posts
that's the MWR motor swap kit. Theres a big thread on it.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't that what all of us evora guys are looking for? Ali , do you have any contact info from these guys?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already got a response from them. According to monkey wrench they already have a full kit available. There are couple issues which i'm trying to figure out. First one is that they are using a piggy back for the tune and I personally do not like that option. I believe in flashing the ECU and tuning it right from beginning. Based on the conversation I had with BOE i think we can go with the base Evora S tune and go with Evora S injectors to minimize the changes from the Evora S setup. They just need some number from the readings of the system which i can do with my REV software and KIWI hardware. Also monkey wrench confirmed that the supercharger kit they have is identical to the one used in the S with the difference of the color which in this case i actually prefer use (Originally used by TRD in toyota aurion). The only unknown in this case is the fitting of the kit. Monkey wrench has never installed this kit on the evora so they don't know if there would be any problems fitting that kit with the evora setup. I also had a talk with Shinoo at Sector 111 for fabricating parts in case there was a need for that he he confirmed that he can do that.

At this point one of us has to make a decision to invest in this kit and make the sacrifice to be the first on this installation. The kit by itself from monkey wrench is about 10K which I think is very reasonable. Considering the price difference from The NA and the S will totally justify the investment for the upgrade plus the fact that this kit will actually make more power since we will start with the KOLD-FIRE Evora S tune and that means 390HP from get go.

I'm open to any suggestions if anybody has anything to add to my research. Also I would love to hear from some other tuners and sponsors if they have any ideas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The MWR kit does not include exhaust enhancement which would be required to get the +390 hp from Kold-Fire.

10k for MWR
the cost of the exhaust
tune costs
rear clam removal and reinstall

Would be best for someone that can do it in their garage and have the car torn down for a bit :)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with the garage idea. I think in my case that problem is solved since i'm getting the full exhaust system. With my cold air intake, full exhaust system including sport cat , dual catch can, larger fuel rail kit and kold-fire tune i should be very close to the 400 mark!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone tried out this kit?

·
Administrator
6,845 Posts
Looks like old BOE kit. Koldfire tunes were prior to Fastworks and the TVS1320 is now what BOE uses for REV300. If you're looking for current offerings for 2GR-FE then this is what BOE offers now. My Fastworks tune was much better than old Koldfire on the REV300. fhttps://www.boefab.com/collections/evora/products/evora-chargecooler-series

Reactions: Chris12

·
Administrator
6,845 Posts
@Catsailr27 He is referring to the V6 motor, not the 2ZZ motor in your car.
Later,
Eldon
That's why I sent him the link to the Evora upgrades. He was looking at old one using the TVS1320 that the 2zz now uses.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
That's why I sent him the link to the Evora upgrades. He was looking at old one using the TVS1320 that the 2zz now uses.
The Evora kit is not compatible with the Exige V6. Not sure why but I have heard one thing is clearance of the hatch.
Take care,
Eldon

·
Administrator
6,845 Posts
Good to know. I wasn't sure since it was an old "kit" if he was referring to was putting the V6 in an Elise or the supercharger for it which both are mentioned in the link.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
745 Posts
This whole thread is a dumpster fire.
That supercharger is the stock evora s. No trimming needed to fit an evora.

The boe kit is a bigger supercharger with charger cooler and an evora tune that Chris does not need.

Chris, you can find old tvs1320 superchargers sometimes for sale as people upgraded to to 1900. With the 1900 you can find intercooled and non intercooled. Toyota also sold the 1320 as a trd model

·
Administrator
6,845 Posts
LOL you are correct. The MWR kit that the initial thread was about while referred to on their website isn't listed anymore. I think Chris is looking for upgrade to his 2GR-FE that's not in a Lotus. The BOE link was for the latest upgrade for that engine.....in a Lotus.

Reactions: Chris12 and John Z

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for all the reply's guys. Cat is correct, I would be using the supercharger in a lowly Toyota equipped with a 2GR-fe ;) I need to add a signature so others will know what I'm driving. I can't tell you guys how much fun this $16K V6 Toyota has been for me (bought used a few years back) - BUT, I'd trade it in an instant for just about any Lotus.

I will watch the classifieds for used superchargers and other accessories.

EDIT: Signature done!

·
Administrator
6,845 Posts
Chris what will or are you using for ECU? I'm sure you already know that tuning would have to be done and that is where Lotus owners have to make a decision to stay with stock ECU or use aftermarket. We have limited choices for tuning as the Lotus ECU is locked and few have the capabilities to alter all parameters necessary. You will need to watch often as the TVS1320 SC last a nano second on here used and usually all the other bits in the BOE kit to make it happen. Wirewheel always removes them when they get a new car and prep for sale so they are a constant source it's just hit or miss on timing. Good luck with your project and just because it's a "lowly" Toyota doesn't mean you love it any less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I do go with the supercharger I'd need to look at tuning options. I have found a few different sources that tune the OEM Toyota ECU's (R9K and Frankenstein Motorworks) just to name a few.
It seems that the Toyota ECU has an excellent ability to modify itself to take advantage of exhaust modifications and fuel grade, but I'm sure I'd need to tune for the supercharger. I know the Toyota Aurion did come with a supercharged 2gr-fe so I'll need to do more research on that.

Thanks for the help!

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
Wow, you guys dug this out of the dark ages from when Ramtin was moving his NA to and 'S' with mods and I was moving my 'S' .. This was no BOE Kit and MWR claimed a kit at the time but hadn't put it together as an Evora conversion, my '12 was the first Evora that BOE ever saw. Ramtin sourced a used TVS1320, then later sourced more engines as he ran into problems. Much info of his tales here in the forum, but not needed the world has moved on. The Kold-Fire Evora tunes sold by Komo-tec are now updated and marketed as Komo-tec, BOE moved on to it Fastworks in about '14?? (think that was year we changed out my original komo-tec tune mod'ed by BOE and hardware for BOE-FT).

So if you want to add an SC to an old NA car use the BOE TVS1900 Kit.

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
If I do go with the supercharger I'd need to look at tuning options. I have found a few different sources that tune the OEM Toyota ECU's (R9K and Frankenstein Motorworks) just to name a few.
It seems that the Toyota ECU has an excellent ability to modify itself to take advantage of exhaust modifications and fuel grade, but I'm sure I'd need to tune for the supercharger. I know the Toyota Aurion did come with a supercharged 2gr-fe so I'll need to do more research on that.

Thanks for the help!
Lotus does not use a Toyota ECU. BOE has great tunes for the Series 1 Evora's

Reread your posts and signature, I see you're fitting to the Camry. As to headers your will need to get the older short tube versions such as Larini (shorty) and Komo-tec (still available new) or an old style 2bular as they are compatible at flange points to the original Toyota exhaust manifolds. A number of later ones extended into the downpipes zone, however Lotus did not us a Toyota downpipe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts