The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out My latest project in the garage ?

2grfe from a 2012 Toyota Sienna and E153 transmission from a 93 turbo MR2. Let the wiring nightmare begin!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pictures for anyone interested

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there any aftermarket or even individual/small shop support for this swap?

Mounts, shifter linkage, wiring harness, etc?

I would imagine since the USA versions bigger brothers across the pond are using this platform this would just be a natural progression, seeing all the success that it has had.

This definitely seems like a more favorable option than the K series swap, though the aftermarket support for K motors is vast.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I believe Monkey Wrench Racing has mounts and such for this swap... and I was just thinking today that I want to eventually undertake a similar swap on my Exige - but I want to swap to the V6 subframe and use the 6-speed - and extend my wheelbase so I can play with fiberglass modifications!

anyway, I look forward to seeing @Rsv4 dude project progress!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monkey Wrench Racing had the mounts and shift linkage on their site but it has since been removed so I don't know if they carry it anymore. Maybe I bought the last set?

The gear selector shaft they provided did not allow me to shift into 1st or 2nd so I had to take it apart and cut/weld a piece of the gear selector shaft assembly to make it the proper length to get the full range of motion.

The wiring is all based on rav4/sienna ecu and engine sand there are is a lot of documentation in the mr2 community about it. There is not much to do on the chassis side once you figure it out.

Look into Wilhelm raceworks and Frankenstein motorworks for inspiration and wiring guides.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The ECM would be my biggest concern. I promise myself the next swap that I did I wouldn't do it unless there was a preconstructed wiring harness and everything was plug and play. I'm not sure if I can deal with the uncertainty anymore I like the factory feel too much these days.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replaced the oem fuel basket to allow for a fuel regulator with a return. Also have a different fuel level sensor that provides a reading to a separate gauge since the RAV4 ecu doesn’t talk to the oem dash and my new dash only displays obd data

1 - 10 of 10 Posts