The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what company’s are making dry sump pans or systems for the 2zz? I can’t seem to find a lot of options on the market.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Our is quite robust and has been vetted a good bit in racing applications, sequentials, and 500hp. It's not on the website and it's not the cheapest system, but it is a good system.

email us via the website and we can put a kit together.

Thanks, Phil

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,384 Posts
Our is quite robust and has been vetted a good bit in racing applications, sequentials, and 500hp. It's not on the website and it's not the cheapest system, but it is a good system.

email us via the website and we can put a kit together.

Thanks, Phil
If you have to ask how much....Humor us and give us a ballpark.

San

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the fast responses GRP is sold but I’ll look into the other two.

451 Posts
"This will be available from Sector 111" means it's an old reference that likely never came to fruition.

San
Since Sector 111 no longer exists, Dailey Engineering might/could sell directly. Dailey Engineering makes some great products. That's why I posted it up from the originator's site... Just showing what is/was available. It's always a scavenger hunt for Lotus parts. Maybe Dailey Engineering will be helpful.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,384 Posts
Since Sector 111 no longer exists, Dailey Engineering might/could sell directly. Dailey Engineering makes some great products. That's why I posted it up from the originator's site... Just showing what is/was available. It's always a scavenger hunt for Lotus parts. Maybe Dailey Engineering will be helpful.
"This will be available" makes me wonder if it is/was ever manufactured.

San

451 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have a pan, pump, pulley and fixture plate from monkeywrench, I can sell it, but it is many fittting to do.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
"This will be available" makes me wonder if it is/was ever manufactured.

San
We sold a few and set track records in Lotus Cup with our first ArtCar. DRS bought a couple from us and converted at least one 211 GT4. This kit is top shelf.

I can still get them so contact me if you are interested.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Just a little background... The oil pans fabricated with drain plug, windage and pickup trough, also have removable trash screens which is handy. They're also an o-ring seal. We have aa nice gasket that some may use as well.

The pumps are peterson R4 and are under-driven of course. It's a "twisted lobe" roots design. A bit like a supercharger rotor. I believe Peterson has a patent on that: More flow, less heat, less air, type of deal. They're the experts. We used the Aviad pumps on the original p-type YEARS ago, but that were finicky. We've done about 15 of these setups with the "peter pump" and have been real happy with the results.

We're happy to furnish the plumbing and if use our tank, we have the lengths reasonably well sorted if you install the way we do it. Nothing is socketed, as we do all crimped BMRS hoses as you see in the pics.

The Tank is peterson as well. The tanks are customized by us. We went through a few iterations to get happy with the oil control. We never had issues with pressure loss at the pick-up, but fine tuning the catch can venting was more art than science at some level. Peterson is known for the best tanks in the industry. Even they admit that many of their builders take their already great designs and improve them to suit the application. We have standard bracketing for "bolt" installation of the tank. It works with the stock firewall and fuel filler as well. The drain is convenient and easy as we drop a hose from the bottom and cap it. We do the same on the remote catch can. We tried the piggyback catch cans and a few iterations of it. Never was happy until we divorced the two.

About 2/3s of the kits are on sequential trans and the other 1/3 on syncro boxes for customers who like cool stuff. I believe they're required on sequentials for any motor life.

Back when the 2ZZ was in World Challenge our kit was there, the Willzig 211 has it, obviously my TT monster has it, both the Zust race cars (Optima and XP), and several others who are pushing things beyond reason! :)

-Phil

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Our kit from Dailey is a machine billet pan with integrated pump (fewer lines/fittings). See pix below - the first has the pump bolted onto the pan.

Another major advantage of Dailey's pump is that we were able to incorporate the air/oil separator stage which is a major advantage as oil aeration is dramatically reduced. We don't have a tank solution but used Peterson to build a custom tank and can help you do the same. We provide a complete schematic so you can build the ultimate kit for your car.

You can watch a video of our tank and effectiveness of the pump:

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have used both kits .. the BOE was in my 2-11 that was running a Rev400 and BOE Black engine . Dry sump worked perfectly , easy to install and would highly recommend especially if you install the same as BOE has done as they can supply all the tanks , fittings , hoses etc . This would greatly simplify the install .
Installed the Dailey in a friends car that runs a Honda K20. Works well and was easy to install but I think the overall price was nearly double after all parts required were purchased .

The good think about the BOE is that it is purpose built for the application and is a total kit ... plus if you have any issues you can always contact BOE ... just be sure to get a hotline to BOE for communication as they can be a bit difficult to contact at times.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2007 Exige, I’m turning it into a dedicated track car and considering a sequential transmission and from everything I’ve read a dry sump is a must so have to figure that in. The other option is Zust custom gear set.

·
Vendor
3,163 Posts
As mentioned above, 2 of our Blackwatch Cars have the BOE dry sump setup. It has worked flawlessly on the XP Car and Optima car. Other than helping with stable lubrication, a few other benefits. 1. Petersen has alot of experience in designing the tank to De-aerate the oil, i.e. put air from the oil. This is a big deal. The 2012/2013 Boss mustang RoadRunner engine removed the piston oil jets which removed about 7% aeration allowing Ford to hit reliability targets. We also have oil jets, but we need them given the power levels we are getting from 1.8L. The tank takes alot of air bubbles out. Air doesn't lubricate bearings, oil does. 2. The dry sump let us remove the oil cooler from the XP car and reduces the load on the Optima car. The DS helps cool the oil for extreme condition use.

FWIW.

Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts