The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 06 Exige with around 4k miles and am contemplating an engine swap. The swap will be quite expensive and I am wondering if anybody might be interested in purchasing this combination from me to help offset the costs. The car runs perfect and has unfortunately never been tracked.
I had planned on supercharging the 2zz but feel I would be happier with something else. I have not establised a price yet but am guessing around 5k.
Your comments or thoughts are always appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
where in Seattle?
so you are selling a 2zz engine?
or just a tranny?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
o.k. i will go ahead an asked the unrealted question...

so whatch'ya gonna put in that thing? a turbo rotary :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both

I live on Lake Tapps near Auburn and am selling both engine and transaxle with the Forcedfed header. My plan is to install a supercharged JDM K20a.

·
Registered
371 Posts
exigeme said:
I live on Lake Tapps near Auburn and am selling both engine and transaxle with the Forcedfed header. My plan is to install a supercharged JDM K20a.
Interesting. Who is going to install it?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
exigeme said:

I'm thinking the same thing. A buddy of mine has a natural K20a installed in an S2. 240hp at the wheels. Great torque.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan to due the install myself, if I can find parts already made up I will use them
otherwise I will fab what I need.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I spoke with Joe MCcarthy a while back but he is nowhere to be found. I am sure there are others that can offer me advice and direction so if you know anybody who can help drop me a line.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
exigeme said:
Thanks, I spoke with Joe MCcarthy a while back but he is nowhere to be found. I am sure there are others that can offer me advice and direction so if you know anybody who can help drop me a line.
I believe somebody in Europe (Simon?) has recently developed a kit to do what you want. You might post an inquiry on SELOC.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Exigeme, Do you have any update on this? I'm leaning very heavily towards the K20A . I could have the motor tomorrow if I want it (a good friend imports them) I'm just looking to see if there is any help out there.
Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Bill, I had spoken with Joe McCarthy a month ago to inquire about his kit. He led me to believe that all he needed to do was get a commitment from me and he
would have the parts made for me, so I informed him I was interested and purchased a JDM k-20a. I let him know I had completed my purchase and needed
to get going with his kit but I have called him many times and left countless email messages with no reply. I read a post he created on this website a week ago where he states he will have a kit ready in 6 months or so. At this point I no longer trust what he says and do not plan on waiting for him to fill empty promises. I plan to make my own parts and design things myself because I now have the engine and dont want to wait.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you sold them yet?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Negative!

I had not considered making a kit to sell but if there is much interest I will consider it. Send me a PM and I will let you know as I progress however at this time I have not even started with the project.

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
Hi Exigeme,

How is the engine swap going?

Have you been in contact with Ian Wilson? His conversion of an S1 was largely experimental and as such he may be able to offer advice.

Also Simon Scuffham builds kits in the UK but only for rover engined cars as far as I am aware - he is a wealth of information and visits ET from time to time.

Keep us updated!

Cheers
Aedo

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Chris, I have looked at some of the euro kits, and will have to talk to these
guys at some time in the future.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You should talk to Chico race works. They did a k20a swap into an MRS not too long ago. I remember the swap was roughly 10k. Good luck there's also lots of turbo kits for the k20 motor but I think you "might" have to get a custom gauge cluster.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts