The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, i have a little problem on my 2005 US Federal Elise 111R.
It has run smoothly except from one or two times last year when it wouldn´t switch cams at 6200.. never happend again! It has 17500miles tot.
I have Larini exhaust and K&N filter wich gave me 206hp on a FARE dyno!
Now to the issue,
i had a track day at Knutstorp SWE and at the straight the engine light came on (noticed it on the video) after 2 corners and a little slip the engine were 3 cylinder and powerless! i turned it off and started it up again and it was ok but powerless on the straight line! The engine Malfunction indicator lamp was on and i disconnected the battery, it came off but came on again!
i drove home 230km smoothly with engine light on buy after 1hr at a cafeé it came off!
Went to the Toyota dealer to check the codes! p1302 missfire on the second cylinder! Now i have changed spark plugs to Denso Iridium Tough, VK20 and changed ignition Coil (2nd) and put on Dielectric grease!
It runs smoothly and switch cams ok BUT when the RPM tell tale/gear shift lamp lights up at 8000rpm the engine runs bad and won´t rew to 8500 rev limit.
No engine lamp is turned on so everything seems ok!
Any clues or ideas??

Patrik Sweden:cool::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Check your intake camshafts for wear. Only takes 1/2 hr

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Search camshaft wear there are a ton of posts on it. The code you have can be a sign

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Many 2005-2006 Elises had defective cams (heat treating issue?).

You may be one of the unlucky ones. Since you have a low mileage car, not surprising it's just showing up now. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts