The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically Marietta.
Have a friend that needs his intake cam replaced and is looking for a good mechanic that will do the swap at his house. He doesn't want to run it again until the cam is swapped out.
I've PM'd a couple of members on the Celica forum, but have not had a response.

Thanks guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Registered
I'd like to know as well :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim,
Great write up. I bookmarked for myself, but I believe it would be more than my friend (with whom you've spoken to?) would be comfortable with. He has limited experience working on cars. I wish I weren't 1,700 miles away. ?
Thanks again.

Admins shouldn't this write up be a sticky?

BTW, how long should it take your average mechanic to change out the intake cam?

Chris

Premium Member
Your buddy ought to pick up the phone and call one of these businesses to find a mechanic:
World Toyota (Atlanta)
Atlanta Toyota (Atlanta)
Stone Mountain Toyota (Atlanta)
I am sure a mechanic from one of these companies would be willing to do a house call for the right price. We are just talking a cam replacement.
or,
Put an actual cash offer on the board, throw in the cost for airline tickets and lodging; someone might bite.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. He's called the Toyota dealerships. They don't want to touch it and won't let him talk to the techs.
I think flying someone in is absurd. 鉁圠ol.
I'm shocked that there isn't anyone on LotusTalk that knows of a good mechanic in the Atlanta area that is familiar with the 2ZZ-GE.
Maybe I'll give the shops you mentioned a call and try to sweet talk my way into speaking to a tech.
Thanks addertooth.

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I know that Roman at the dealership does side work for people. Try getting a hold of him. And as a bonus he really knows what he's doing. But I too wish Atlanta had a good independant Lotus mechanic. I get asked about it quite often.

Registered
My issue is now sorted. Turns out it was a bigger job than just cams. All good now, just waiting on a new Odyssey battery to ship (mine was toast from neglect all winter).

BTW, I am sure it was Roman (indirectly - I did not speak with him) at the Lotus dealership that quoted me an absurd rate for a cam job. And I mean crazy absurd.

And LotusCC is correct, Toyota would not give me the time of day, as well as the 12 or so other mechanics I called. I think Atlanta really could use a good independent Lotus shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts