The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with both? Pros and cons? Have both sitting here, not sure which to keep.

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is the seriously lotus the Pro Alloy one?

If so, that’s the one I’ve been looking at. If you decide to keep the Moroso pan, I’ll pick up the Pro Alloy lol

·
He's on fire!
3,291 Posts
Well the moroso guarantees it to be a pain in the ass to remove your rear lower a-arm when you need to replace suspension bushings. Hard to tell but there's a chance the bushing job is less of a PIA with the seriously lotus oil pan.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get some pics up. Yes, the Seriously lotus is the pro alloy. Found a sheet in the box.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
if i recall correctly, BOE's oil pan (https://www.boefab.com/products/toc-wet-sump-oil-pan-v1-1) is also modified to give extra clearance for control arm removal... i dont have that pan personally but thats the one i've had my eyes on when its time to pick one up (& clearance for that arm removal is a heavily weighted buying factor for me)...

maybe phil can chime in on that?

Reactions: REKIII

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some side by sides of the 2.
The only reason I bought them both was because I bought the Moroso first. Then, when I was doing some reasearch I found that the Moroso wouldn't fit with the Seriously lotus chassis stiffener (Since the elige chassis is so weak I thought I needed this, hahaha). So, i went and bought the pro alloy one which was supposed to work with it.

There are A LOT of design differences, and where I understand the stiffener to go, they should both fit, and the moroso looks quite a bit different than older pics I've found online.

Let me know your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I have the Boe oil pan, very happy with it, perfect fit, has all the fitting for what I need, and clearance for the A-arm fasteners to boot. It a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the Boe oil pan, very happy with it, perfect fit, has all the fitting for what I need, and clearance for the A-arm fasteners to boot. It a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

:smile2:
Great......you recommend the one I don't have.... hahaha

·
Registered
997 Posts
Moroso may have addressed the suspension bolt clearance issue. Remove your stock pan and hold both of those up and see what you do and don't like about either.

I will jump on board that I like the BOE the best. Beside addressing clearance issues, it has a half circle chanel milled out of the sealing surface that a long o-ring fits into. Seals great and is easily removable and replaceable if needed. Far better than using gasket make/sealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts