The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doubtful I'll run this whole setup every time as it's a huge PITA. As I know you just want to see the video here you go:

Now, here's what's used:
- Nose: ContourHD Wide Angle
- Cockpit: ChaseCam SD
- Feet: Original HeroCam SD
- RaceRendere - used to do the video overlay
- DashWare - used to add the gauges after the overlay video is done

While I could use RaceRenderer for everything I didn't really care for the gauges in it and I haven't taken the time to create my own - and as I just bought DashWare I wanted to play with it anyway. Bummed DashWare can't do multiple video files where RaceRenderer can. If I had to pick just one definitely RaceRenderer.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Nice driving and setup, thanks for sharing. Engine sounds pretty aggressive too, which camera was the audio feed coming from? How did you control the wind noise?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audio feed is coming from the ChaseCam PDR1000 - that's the DVR piece that I installed in the dash (where my passenger airbag was). It has an internal mic which luckily works pretty great even with it installed in the dash. I actually ran a mic to the engine bay but couldn't get the mix right on it - I'm planning to try that next time. The wind noise from the Contour on the nose was awful as was the sound on the Hero that was at my feet.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Interesting that it picks up the engine sounds so clearly, even when tucked into the enclosed dash. Thanks for sharing

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Interesting that it picks up the engine sounds so clearly, even when tucked into the enclosed dash. Thanks for sharing
We did a lot of engineering on that.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
We did a lot of engineering on that.
...some guys can pick up in the in helmet radio chatter with the chase cam box in the cockpit with no voice connection - just ambient - crazy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts