The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like a really good deal for parts - no connection, just saw this posted:

Parting Out - Running 1973 Jensen Healey Convertible Hardtop

Parting Out - Running 1973 Jensen Healey Convertible Hardtop - $300 (potrero hill)

Buy the whole car (minus hardtop and gas tank) for $300
Running 4 cyl twin cam
Good transmission and rear end
Have trunk lid

Hard top in very nice condition sold separately
Rebuilt gas tank sold separately
Last registered 1990

Available for viewing anytime (see ad for contact info)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had to look very close

Man, it definitely reminded me of the only car I ever totaled. Yes, it was a '73, and yes, it was white. But I didn't have a hardtop and it appeared that the frame structure of the vehicle got compromised. Thus, it was a total loss. Certainly, looked similar ...

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Man, it definitely reminded me of the only car I ever totaled. Yes, it was a '73, and yes, it was white. But I didn't have a hardtop and it appeared that the frame structure of the vehicle got compromised. Thus, it was a total loss. Certainly, looked similar ...
I totaled 5 cars. All hit by people not paying attention. At least the 73 Jensen survived. My fully restored 64 Triumph didn't. But $300. Is a great price for that car!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Wouldn't a running twin cam lotus motor be worth more than $300.00?

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My understanding is the Jensen Healey Lotus-sourced engines are early versions of the 907. You need to know what you're buying here - not sure if $300 is good or not - engine was idle for 24 years
(1990).
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts