The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my S1 Exige back after Bernard Scouse (www.auto-teknix.co.uk)exchanged the 192bhp K engine for a turbocharged 1.8l Leon Cupra R.
Dyno showed just a touch over 300bhp at 6500rpm with almost linear torque. Nearest thing to riding a Duccati!
0-100mph is a tad over 8 secs. The gearbox now has 6 forward gears compared to its predecessor who only had 5.
Currently limited to 1.2 bar boost until the Emerald software does some catching up (ECU will monitor EGT and reduce boost if EGT excessive which can occur after 50-60 secs at full throttle). Then 1.5 bar boost, which should increase bhp and torque by a further 10%, which is more or less twice the power it had when I bought it from Lotus.
There is no noticeable lag when accelerating hard, but I haven't floored it yet. That will have to wait until I have the safety of an airfield or similar and I can judge how to handle the incredible power. Car weighs in at 825kgs. Calculated top speed 170mph, but have seen 138mph in fifth gear.
Now the car is close to what Lotus must have had in mind when they developed the Exige.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some on Bernard's site (see previous post under Audi conversion) and I'll take some during the coming week.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Wow, 1,818 Lbs with 330 HP? :huh:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Edit:

Can't wait for picts of the engine in the car!

Edit again:

Nevermind, I missed the 2nd page of pictures :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As fast as your short, hairy legs can move.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
After you gain that extra 10% power you'll be in the 5.51 Lbs/bhp or 2.5 Kgs/bhp.

That's better than a lot of Bikes out there!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Miguel said:
After you gain that extra 10% power you'll be in the 5.51 Lbs/bhp or 2.5 Kgs/bhp.

That's better than a lot of Bikes out there!!!!
...and a lot of bikers don't appear to consider that possibility. If you come up on a biker and then just pull past, they nearly fall off their bikes in amazement. Bikers never appear to look behind them, just forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts