The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is basically a different car with the second edition ronin supercharger we did a year or so ago with a new tune. though i'm expecting the usual its a dynapack so much higher, the dynojet read about 5HP lower for the base red run

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
boost?

How much boost does it make with the 2.4" pulley? Does it have the 9:1 drop in pistons or a sleeved block?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
2.4" should be around 15 psi on an MP62.

What is a 2nd Edition Ronin Supercharger? Assume a modified MP62? If so, how was it modified?

Torque curve seems odd. Didn't realize DynoPack could import dynojet files.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
my torque curve looks just like that too

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I guess I'm the odd ball, I like relatively flat Torque coming on early and strong. For street is great, don't need to downshift, for track I can pull a lower gear or get a little more out of exit.

Wonder what IC setup is being used?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on a dynojet it looks flat, don't be deceived by the scaling, the dnyojet hides the problems, thats why its the 'gold standard' as phil calls it for marketing purposes.

2nd ed ronin is basically the one we continued to develop after the katana, its really 3rd gen, since we did one at tripoint, then sector, the mp62 isn't modded, just more into the engine etc.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as an example here's the run from the above sheet on a dynojet, same car, with just about the same tune as on the red run.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
come on AJ join the club

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
as an example here's the run from the above sheet on a dynojet, same car, with just about the same tune as on the red run.
CX,

I don't think that DJ hides the problems at all. That DJet plot clearly needs tuning...You're right that's its not as obvious as the DPack... scrunch that Djet rpm scale up like the DPack and it will look more exagerated like your favorite DPack does....

The reason the Djet is the gold standard is because the software is available for customers to work with (they can take the DRF home after the run), the DJet is much more abundant (cheaper), and it seems to be more consistant across the country (afterall it's just rolling ballast)... From what I've seen/read on the web (and exhaustive threads on this forum), many DPacks show higher numbers than the 'ol rolling road DJet... I guess you have a DPack you use that breaks that trend???... So it's ambiguous at best... who cares unless you're trying to compare power...

Good power on Will's car there... Glad all the work payed off... That IC is the key on the setup as it's going to be working its tail off with a 2.4" pulley on a M62. HOT... add enough radiators, and it will work...

Best,

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Any chances we could get temps on:

1. the MP62 itself
2. air exiting the MP62
3. air post water/air IC

Also, is this setup intended to be for the track?

Somewhat surprised that 2.4" pully only develops 15 wHP more than AJ's 2.7" pully. Must be fighting a lot of heat or losing considerable boost thru the heat exchanger(s).

Rob

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Any chances we could get temps on:

1. the MP62 itself
2. air exiting the MP62
3. air post water/air IC

Also, is this setup intended to be for the track?

Somewhat surprised that 2.4" pully only develops 15 wHP more than AJ's 2.7" pully. Must be fighting a lot of heat or losing considerable boost thru the heat exchanger(s).

Rob
From MM;
Belt slipping, was only seeing 12psi of boost.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
How the heck could Charlie tune with a slipping belt?

I have the Gates part No. for the belt FF used on my 2.5" -- it is VERY tight -- probably more suited to a 2.4" pully. If you want the part No. let me know.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
How the heck could Charlie tune with a slipping belt?

I have the Gates part No. for the belt FF used on my 2.5" -- it is VERY tight -- probably more suited to a 2.4" pully. If you want the part No. let me know.
"Even meeting the target rwhp number, we are only cranking 12 psi at the high end....we believe it is belt slippage...new belt and a little sanding on the 2.4mm pulley should do the trick..."

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CX,

I don't think that DJ hides the problems at all. That DJet plot clearly needs tuning...You're right that's its not as obvious as the DPack... scrunch that Djet rpm scale up like the DPack and it will look more exagerated like your favorite DPack does....
It isn't the same run they're close, the red run showed a lot smoother on the dynojet, it always does, period, have you ever actually used a dynapack ? If you haven't how do you know how well its doing ?

i've got super smooth lines on a dynojet that show problems on dynapacks, its the difference for an inertia dyno vs not, its just basic physics, it does not scrunch up the same, way more repeatable too, much easier to steady state and most dj's don't even have steady state capabilities either.

The reason the Djet is the gold standard is because the software is available for customers to work with (they can take the DRF home after the run), the DJet is much more abundant (cheaper), and it seems to be more consistant across the country (afterall it's just rolling ballast)... From what I've seen/read on the web (and exhaustive threads on this forum), many DPacks show higher numbers than the 'ol rolling road DJet... I guess you have a DPack you use that breaks that trend???... So it's ambiguous at best... who cares unless you're trying to compare power...
mostly incorrect, the dynojet is popular because its cheap and widely available. the dynapack also has viewer software you can take your runs home and view them on your pc. we tried to explain to you in a different thread why the dynapack shows like it doesm but i'm guessing it'll never get through.

There is no trend, you're the one that mostly pushes the info that the dynapak always shows higher, it just doesn't do that at all, its an entirely different type of dyno, i don't know how else to explain this to you , there is no reading higher, its a different measurement, and depending on which dynapack and software revision you're using as well as a dozen other things including how the operator sets up the dyno software calibration. I use three different dynapacks regularly, two read low, one reads slightly higher.

i think the reason you call the dynojet a gold standard, is likely because thats what you have available to you and what lots of other people use, doesn't make it good though, just popular and most importantly CHEAP.

i have been to a lot of dynos, mustangs, dynojets, dynapacks and they're all different, one of the reason you see big differences between some dynapacks is because they're revised the software and hardware a lot so people have different machines, again why i always say only compare runs on the same dyno with baselines, not from dyno to dyno and pointless between different manufacturers.

i posted both the dynojet and the dynapack sheets, they're similar power wise.

[/quote]

Good power on Will's car there... Glad all the work payed off... That IC is the key on the setup as it's going to be working its tail off with a 2.4" pulley on a M62. HOT... add enough radiators, and it will work...
i dunno who will is, The temps weren't bad at all, we're making excellent power on the a2a's too.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
:huh::D

Thanks, you just repeated most of what I said... Just as I, and now you said, most folks relate to the Djet because it's abundant (ie. they have access to it, largely because it's cheaper, but who cares why), it has end user interface, and it's very consistent (the rolling road;)). Take care with the insults...Good job on your tune, but cool off... I'm not knocking your tune:up:

I was thinking Will, but he's the turbo guy... my bad... Wouldn't have posted anything had you not mentioned my name-poke-;)

Back to regular programming....

Peace,

Phil

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Back to the dynopack results, is there anyway I could get more info on what the engine/build consists of? What air charge temps were? Fuel used? How you determined belt was slipping?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
built and sleeved low compression build the same as mine but with weiscos instead of Mahles. Pro Alloy charge cooler. Dont know if they monitored temps or not.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts