The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if 315s will fit in the rear tubs of the esprit SE or S4 (no fender flares) ???

I'm not comncerned with tracking my Esprit. It is just a "nice day crusier." But, man, there is something awesome about having 315s or 335s in the rear of your car. It looks like a set of steamrollers in the back!!!

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
My Viper GTS had 335/30/18 in back. They didn't look that big until you took them off. Then it was wow!

I think it's going to boil down to offset.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Dumb question; assuming the tire, say 315, fits within the fender, there's also the wheel width concern? Example of a '98 with AWI's, I don't know the width of this wheel; but, 315 is 12.40 inches?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Dumb question; assuming the tire, say 315, fits within the fender, there's also the wheel width concern? Example of a '98 with AWI's, I don't know the width of this wheel; but, 315 is 12.40 inches?
For any size tire (width and sidewall height) there is a range of wheel widths that will work. Tirerack lists that range with each tire size.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The Sport 300 used 315's on a 17x10.5" wheel, which one of my sets of wheels is. The factory offset was alleged to be 6mm, but either that is incorrect or HRE made my wheels wrong, because I feel they stick out further than they ought to. Of course, my car lacks the Sport 300 flares, but still...

I have 305's on my V8 OZ Futuras, not ideal, but they do fit.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Running 305 30R19's on my 19X11 rears. No rubbling and room for more. Can probably fit 315's but anything more might need a 12 inch wide wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts