The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be installing a new Ecotec powertrain into an Exige with Secant Engineering this weekend at our Shop. This engine has been built for us by GM Racing and will feature the new TVS blower from Eaton. We expect a safe 325+hp with much more potential.

Our goal is to deliver a Lotus with SAFE and RELIABLE power. We will be showing this car off to the community at LOG29.

You are all welcome to stop in and see us do the surgery. Drop me an email or phone call if you plan to stop in. Should be a fun weekend. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very cool!
Too bad I don't live in Cali...

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's not hard to get 320 crank HP & 350+crank tq from these engines...... definantly looking forward to this thread :)

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
The RPM range in which it makes power is interesting-- should have more of a "big engine" feel... I know nothing about the engine/tranny though...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I suspect that it will be less than $25k, Revolution Racing is doing a version (with Chevy) for midgets. This engine is not force fed and will get around 270hp. The engine will run on either E85 or Meth.

Check it out.... Welcome

The cost of the midget engine through RRE is $9995, there is no way the supercharger and transmission would equal an additional $15k. I would be willing to bet the RRE custom parts are way more extensive than what this build would require.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts