The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a 350z or something fun to drive all year round and in the snow. Anyone had a 350z in the snow?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
They're great in a Florida winter.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
To me, the Japanese imports kinda fall into the same bucket - 350, G35, WRX, Evo so, if that's the case why not go with the all wheel drive variant - the WRX or EVO?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont like the looks of the others. I was also thinking VR4 seeing there all wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Sounds like you are sticking to Japanese:

Mitsu vr4s aren't exactly known for their reliability.

The newer Lexus IS is available in awd.. only with an auto though. G35s (since you are mentioning 350) are available in awd as the g35x.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Owned one in Colorado for 2 years - horrible. G35x is AWD and nicer than the Z, that's the call if you like the styling.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Im looking to buy a 350z or something fun to drive all year round and in the snow. Anyone had a 350z in the snow?
Had friends have them and worked. Just need good winter tires. One had sandbags in the trunk too. Depends on the tires and your driving habits. I'd say go for it being that you like the car. Rear drive makes it fun too.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I drive really slow on curves and taking off most of the time. Im still keeping my Elise just wan something sporty and I like the 350z 370z s60r volvo... Had a 3000gt loved it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 350Z in Chicago.. it's a great little car. Fast, civilized. It can deal with a bit of snow bu it's not great in the snow. I''m not aware of any rear-wheel drive sport cars that are. Actually I'm selling mine if you're interested.. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
^ Almost like some match maker chit right there :p

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Pontiac Solstice GXP Couple. Decent in snow w/right tires. Faster than a 350Z and handles better. IMHO much better looking too.

If you can find one. Only about 600 or so GXP' coupes (turbo) were made.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks I was also thinking of a 370z seeing they go for around 20,000. Watched some youtube videos and guys had no problems in the snow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not sure if you've driven both, but if a 370z is in your budget, don't even bother looking at the 350. It's night and day better...the motor, chassis, and even the traction control (for snow). The extra money spent for a 370Z is worth every penny.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I second that. If the 370 is in the budget, why get a 350? Both are great but the 370 looks improved.

The 370Z Nismo S Tune :drool:

Attachments

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
At one point my 350 wasmy dream car, however I must say the interior was pretty rough. While I didn't find the motor in the 370 all that refined the interior was a huge leap forward for a daily driver.

But I think I'd go G35X over 370 for the same money. Great interior and AWD FTW.

·
Registered
742 Posts
70k miles and 4 winters of experience with one, good DD.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts