The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Lotus of Atlanta today and they say my car should/will be built in November. Probably delivered just after the first of the year. I'm #37. Any other LOA'ers that can add in their positions and dates?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thats just wonderful, I'm so happy for you.

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Whatever movie star, thats what we get for having to live in Georgia.

*edit I just saw that broken R1 lives in Miami which is just as nice as Socal, so... Thats what I get for having to live in Georgia.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm 20-30 and Dimmitt told me my car would be built two weeks ago. No word on that happening.

Good luck. :(

I'm out shopping this weekend for another car. We'll see how that goes I guess. I'm just so fed up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I"m actually in no hurry it'll get here when it gets here. I'm having plenty of fun racing the subarus till then.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
tidalwdave said:
I'm 20-30 and Dimmitt told me my car would be built two weeks ago. No word on that happening.

Good luck. :(

I'm out shopping this weekend for another car. We'll see how that goes I guess. I'm just so fed up.
Maybe your actual 'beginning' build-date is at the end of the month. When I was given 'November' I still had no idea if it meant starting the build on the 1st or the 30th.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm #8 at Criswell and won't get my car until October. Meanwhile, LOA is already talking about the 30-40 car range?

Also, others around the nation still don't even have their first customer car.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Genjuro said:
I'm #8 at Criswell and won't get my car until October. Meanwhile, LOA is already talking about the 30-40 car range?

Also, others around the nation still don't even have their first customer car.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
I see what you're saying but the number or your order means nothing when comparing it to the order number from another dealer. You should be talking dealer allocation and even order placement date. It has been over a year since I placed my order I could have easily gotten a order number of under 20 from one of the smaller dealerships.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I see what you're saying but the number or your order means nothing when comparing it to the order number from another dealer. You should be talking dealer allocation and even order placement date. It has been over a year since I placed my order I could have easily gotten a order number of under 20 from one of the smaller dealerships.
No, it means everything. I put my order down Nov. 01 and am #40, but won't see a build date until May 05

You got on the list a year ago. I've been on for going on 3, yet you may get a car before me.

Lotus should have taken care of those who have been waiting the longest.

That being said, I'm glad I won't get a car this winter, because I wouldn't get much use out of it. Spring will be just fine at this point.

·
Registered
670 Posts
del105 said:
Try and understand the difference between placing an order, and getting on a waitlist. I've been on a list a year also, and am not a movie star and did say I'm very happy for you. Don't read attitude into my posts. Everybody just wants a car, and most just want to see some fairness in distribution.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sownman said:
Try and understand the difference between placing an order, and getting on a waitlist. I've been on a list a year also, and am not a movie star and did say I'm very happy for you. Don't read attitude into my posts. Everybody just wants a car, and most just want to see some fairness in distribution.

Regards

Steve
I was kidding about the moviestar thing, I just couldn't find the proper emoticon to express my feelings.

Originally posted by smura

No, it means everything. I put my order down Nov. 01 and am #40, but won't see a build date until May 05

You got on the list a year ago. I've been on for going on 3, yet you may get a car before me.

Lotus should have taken care of those who have been waiting the longest.

That being said, I'm glad I won't get a car this winter, because I wouldn't get much use out of it. Spring will be just fine at this point.
Well that does suck. If would be very upset if I placed my order 3 years ago and still had not received a car.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
del105 said:
So I placed my official order (in the first batch), meaning I selected color and options, in Jan of 04. I placed my deposit with Criswell in Feb of 2002.

When did you select color and options?

·
Banned
253 Posts
I'm #33 at LOA, I spec'd out my car about 3 weeks ago and was told that the 12-13 cars had already been delivered and that the first 30 should be delivered by the end of October. I was also told that I'd get my car before the end of the year. We'll see......

John

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
raggedy1 said:
You placed an order NOV 2001 and you're only #40??!!!!!!!!!

holy cow, LOA was accepting orders really early on...
I think he means November 1st 2003? I thought the very first people were around 2001 meanin #1 a#2 kinda people.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
BrokenR1 said:
I think he means November 1st 2003? I thought the very first people were around 2001 meanin #1 a#2 kinda people.
Pretty sure you are right.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My deposit check was written Nov 8, 2002. I meant to say 2 years, not 3. Also, it wasn't an order with the factory, just a deposit spot.

Still, point remains that those waiting the longest should have been taken care of first. Although I realize this position is imposible since every dealer out there would backdate their deposits to get the most cars first.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
smura said:
I put my order down Nov. 01 and am #40, but won't see a build date until May 05

Nov. 01 -------------------- I've been on for going on 3...........

double typo??? It doesn't sound plausible to be #40 and have had your deposit down since Nov of 2001
If you did have your deposit down then and you are #40, something smells very rotten....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts