The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on 3D printed decals to replace my 05's stickers on the rear.

I currently have the 2D LOTUS letters and elise ready for extruding to 3D, but currently dont have the exact measurements for height of the letters. I will be measuring tomorrow right off my car, but more importantly than just the size, I will be trying to account for the curve of the body.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Do you do your own 3D printing or did you farm the job out? You have a very interesting idea here. I am also looking for someone to make some 3D parts, that is why I am asking...

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Have you looked into laser cutting instead? Flat objects aren't the best use of 3D printing, and laser (or water jet) cutting will give you far better texture. Of course, 3D printing is a huge hobby, so that alone is plenty of reason to use it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My own 3d printer.

As far as flat vs laser cutting, I intend to add a curve to "back" surface of the lettering to contour to the shape of the body better

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would definitely be interested in helping you out with 3D printing and make some parts, you can PM no problem

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update, got the measurements off my car in winter storage, so far I've got the size of the letters pretty good, but still working on that tricky curve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts