The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some time to work on a couple projects for the printer. Made prototype carpet buttons and since I am installing new mud flaps I decided to print the small washers for the rivets. Top two are the original washers I decided to change the design slightly to accommodate a standard round head rivet.
The carpet button thread is a snug fit but work in well to hold snug.
Happy to share the files if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dude, awesome! Mind posting the .STEP or even just the .STL on Google Drive and sharing the link? I've been designing and printing stuff for the car too, almost done with a fuel pump hanger to fit a Walbro 525.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
499 Posts
I think it would be great if we had an open source library of just stuff to print for Lotus cars. Maybe a github? I'm not a github guy, but I know the concepts.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be great, especially if the platform LT is hosted on would have the capability to create a "files" location similar to what is used in MS Teams.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was just about to try to design a carpet button. Could you post the .STL somehow? Would be greatly appreciated.

I am thinking of trying to design and print a very small windshield wiper fluid reservoir as I'd like to relocate to be by the fuse box under the access panel in the front clam.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will, I just started printing a new plug design to cover the hole left over from the oil line removal to the front coolers. As soon as it is complete I will post the .stl files as an attachment.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...STL files are not supported as an attachment, my mistake. I have created an account on Thingiverse and will post the files. I have to wait 24 hrs before my posts are active, should be good tomorrow.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Plug for oil line delete. Snaps in place but I would suggest a small amount of sealant to keep dirt and dust out

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I am a member of Thingiverse but did not even know this group existed! Just joined and I will put some of my stuff up there like the funnel I put out to the group a few months back! Funnel just posted. Screws right into our valve cover so you don't have to hold it when you add oil. Fits almost all Toyota and Lexus cars too.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nice work @GSXtasy. I assume once prototypes for the "Bracket to fit the stock Lotus AC compressor on a Honda K-Series" is properly fitted you will provide a machine shop with the CAD file and let them machine it?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nice work @GSXtasy. I assume once prototypes for the "Bracket to fit the stock Lotus AC compressor on a Honda K-Series" is properly fitted you will provide a machine shop with the CAD file and let them machine it?
Thanks... Also, hell no! The composite material I'm printing with is plenty strong and will hold up to the heat in that area. 3D printed all the way. 🤘

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Thanks... Also, hell no! The composite material I'm printing with is plenty strong and will hold up to the heat in that area. 3D printed all the way. 🤘
That is awesome then! What material are you printing with? So far I have only used PLA, PETG, and ABS but I'm always open to try other materials.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
320 Posts
I am a member of Thingiverse but did not even know this group existed! Just joined and I will put some of my stuff up there like the funnel I put out to the group a few months back! Funnel just posted. Screws right into our valve cover so you don't have to hold it when you add oil. Fits almost all Toyota and Lexus cars too.

View attachment 1280754

View attachment 1280755
Would you sell me a funnel??

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yes @hvymtlmcn, I can sell you a funnel. PM me and we can calculate shipping. @bucket, you will need to ask @GSXtasy if he will make you a set of brackets once he is done with his.
RL

1 - 20 of 40 Posts