The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical story. My headlights are peeling and I'm looking for solutions.

After searching I've found a lot of people saying to put clear bra on the after you resurface, but nowhere can I find whether or not its a practical long term solution.

Thoughts?

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
I would think that the clear bra at least protects the covers from rock chips.
And for $30 for the set they are cheap enough to give it a try.

Lotus Elise / Exige Clear Headlight and Turn Signal Kit
I used Kieth's aka SweetDaddy's protective film on my headlights after doing several restorations and haven't had a problem since. Its' been a year since the install and it still looks new. I was restoring the headlight housing almost every year over the past 5 years. Kieth has a really nice product and was fairly easy to work with and install. I highly recommend films from Kieth @ Chuforia Graffix :up:

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I put Lamin-x on my mom's Honda CRV headlights, since they look brand new. My 2002 Acura RSX with 218k headlights are pretty bad!!!

I have tried several "polishes" for my headlights, but most are just fillers, and don't last past a car wash. I found the kits that come with abrasive pads, a polish, and a sealer, like the rain-x kit are the best, and last longest.

The Lamin-x was thick, but flowed around the curves and bumps of the CRV headlights with some heat. Not too bad to install..

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought the film from SweetDaddys and had it put on by a PRO. When he was done there were a few bubbles still under the drivers side film, he said they would go away on their own. They did not and they somehow cracked the plastic cover. Thinking it was the film that was cracking I took it back to the shop. The owner said they didn't do the work, after explaining what happened he confessed it must have been done by the FIRED shop manager. He would do nothing for me. So be careful about the bubbles, the side with no bubbles no problems and it looked and protected the cover perfectly.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Lamin-x with heat. Works great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the film from SweetDaddys and had it put on by a PRO. When he was done there were a few bubbles still under the drivers side film, he said they would go away on their own. They did not and they somehow cracked the plastic cover. Thinking it was the film that was cracking I took it back to the shop. The owner said they didn't do the work, after explaining what happened he confessed it must have been done by the FIRED shop manager. He would do nothing for me. So be careful about the bubbles, the side with no bubbles no problems and it looked and protected the cover perfectly.
Wow sorry to hear that.... But thanks for the info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts