The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Has anyone applied 3M or any type of protectant on top of the british flagged aluminum door sill placard?? (on MY 12+)

Mine is starting to get scratched up and I'd like to maintain it in good condition for as long as possible.

People on this forum are A) Awesome and B) Very creative with ideas for things/mods for these cars.

Any input is good input!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Would think clear film difficult to mold to all the crevices. Possibly try clear PlastiDip spray?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
my dealor put it on before i picked up the car - works well.

i wish i had put it on my illuminated GTS doorsills of the the Cayenne they are beat up a bit now after almost 6 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Guys, trying to protect the sills is a losing battle. At least that's the conclusion I've come to. I go out of my way to avoid scuffing them, but in the end it's inevitable. If I own the car long enough to have it matter, I'll just take it to a leather shop and have the sills redone in a leather that matches the original as best as possible.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I put the Plastidip gloss on it... its protected now but looks a bid dead. So I took it away and lift my shoes.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I always thought there must have been a reason why Lotus stopped mounting with the MY2014.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
the S did the insert in black so the covering gives it a gloss black look which ties into all the s black pack details.

they cut it for costs but should simply have moved it to a costed option like porsche.

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Yes, I decided to give it a try with the 3M film. It' s not perfectly worked into the "Lotus" lettering. It is doing what I want it to do and unless you fixate on the small details I think it looks fine. Enclosed a couple of pics where one already had some scratches before I put the film on. The reflection from the flash shows it worse than it looks in person.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
scott - you need to put a beer there next time - holds it well!

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts
Really, how much would an empty can of beer help? :shrug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts