The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Back by popular demand (well okay, 2 guys asked me), we continue with the 3rd Annual Bear Mtn. Cruze!

Due to LOG34, the date for this "cruze" has been moved up slightly. Be aware that Sunday, September 7 is on the weekend after the Labor Day weekend.

Just a word of note to all; these "cruzes" have been scheduled for Sundays based on the needs of one man, a good friend of mine as well as a good friend to many others on this forum, Eddie (AKA Shoof). You may also note that Eddie has not made it to either the Premier Cruze as well as the 2nd Annual Cruze. I wonder how this 3rd Annual Cruze will pan out for Eddie? (no pressure Eddie! lol)

At this time, we will meet at the West Four Diner in Englewood, NJ @ 08:00 sharp, cruise up to Bear Mountain through Harriman Park for the morning cruise, a small stop at the Perkins Memorial Observatory then lunch at the Table Nine in Cortlandt Manor, NY.

Now for the afternoon cruise, we have in the past relied on Scotty Graham to lead us through picturesque Putnam Valley but for those who may not know, Scotty has moved to North Carolina and will not be available (we will be meeting up with Scotty @ LOG34 however sans Lotus but that's another tale). So to make a long story short (oops, sorry, it's too late for that I see) the afternoon route still has to be worked out.

If anybody has any questions, concerns, suggestions or what have you, please contact me at your earliest convenience via this forum or my personal e-mail: [email protected]

As always, everybody should be gassed up before they arrive at breakfast and also having a walkie talkie for the ride is highly suggested.

I will be bugging you all for a head count as we get closer to the date so I can make arrangements with the restaurants.

Links and mapped routes will be forthcoming. Hope to see you all!

The pictures below are from last year's cruze. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
368 Posts
Can Ferraris come?

I've got a friend with a 308 who might like to do this.

Is it kosher or is this for lotus only?

Noel

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noel,

Anybody and everybody are welcome.

For the first Bear Mtn. Cruze, we had a Ferrari and a Z06 with us.

And you can't see but last year, Jordan brought his Delorean and will probably bring it again this year as well,

Please, feel free to ask any of your friends to join us!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and Francisco, it wouldn't be the same without you!

Get that swap done (you do have time you know! lol)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just a word of note to all; these "cruzes" have been scheduled for Sundays based on the needs of one man, a good friend of mine as well as a good friend to many others on this forum, Eddie (AKA Shoof). You may also note that Eddie has not made it to either the Premier Cruze as well as the 2nd Annual Cruze. I wonder how this 3rd Annual Cruze will pan out for Eddie? (no pressure Eddie! lol)
Way to add some pressure, Lee! I will surely make every effort to be there this year. I don't recall why I wasn't there last year, but I can assure you something must have came up and I was busy with it, I surely wasn't home sitting on my couch!:sheep:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Y'all,

This Sunday there's a few of us who will be taking a pre-run for the Bear Mtn. Cruze. Just checking the roads and some new possible paths.

Care to join us? We'll be leaving Hillsborough NJ approximately 8am and expect to stop at the Perkins Memorial Observatory around 11am before we continue on.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll share our proposed route with you with a timeline. Either respond to this thread or PM me!

Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey Y'all,

This Sunday there's a few of us who will be taking a pre-run for the Bear Mtn. Cruze. Just checking the roads and some new possible paths.

Care to join us? We'll be leaving Hillsborough NJ approximately 8am and expect to stop at the Perkins Memorial Observatory around 11am before we continue on.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll share our proposed route with you with a timeline. Either respond to this thread or PM me!

Later!
Lee
My car isn't ready :(

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry to hear Streets, you'll be ready in September maybe?

Haven't seen you in awhile, we need to catch up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey y'all, :wave:

Next Sunday, August 3rd, we are doing another pre-run at Bear Mtn. :nanner2:

It seems we're having too much fun doing these! :facepalm

Actually, we have the routes set and we're very happy with them. :up:

For this pre-run, we're gonna focus on "documenting" the ride. Cameras, GoPros, whatever and we gonna try to put it all together into some cohesive presentation. :popcorn:

But in the meantime, we get to run the routes. :coolnana:

Right now, we have 9 people going (not all Lotus) so if any anybody wants to join us, please let me know and I will let you where and when we will meet on next Sunday. Any "navigators" are free to jump from car to car so feel free to bring freinds. -poke-

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Awww man I want to go and the car is done but I have no seats, I been looking every where for some oem seats, I need someone to selll me their seats so I can go!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest update: The weather now looks great for this drive on Sunday. We will meet at RS Motorsports located at 26 Bogert St, Closter, NJ no later than 8am for coffee and bagels (make sure you give thanks to Tyler ******* for allowing us reconnoiter at this locale). We don't want to leave any later than 9am for the drive, so be sure to arrive beforehand and be GASSED UP as well.
If you have a walkie-talkie, I would suggest you bring it along and a "navigator" or "co-pilot" are always welcome on these drives. We may ask to have these navigators/co-pilots swap cars during the ride for documenting purposes. If you have a GoPro or a similar device, please bring them as well, we hope to combine all the footage together.

For me personally, I will be leaving the Hillsborough area between 6-6:30am, if you would like to travel with me, PM me for my address. If you expect to join me, please let me know so I know to wait for you. This info has been posted on FB as well as LotusPals.

Well, I guess I'll see you all Sunday morning!

O LEE O

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I posted too early today, so here's a BUMP

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The weather is not great at this point but it looks like possible rain in the afternoon . I will be heading up to Closter in the morning as indicated, hope to see some of you as well.

O LEE O

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today's prerun is cancelled due to weather conditions, sorry.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry Francisco, no rescheduling or, pardon the pun, no rain date. Personally, too much going on.

U get ur seats yet so you'll be ready for the ride on Sept. 7th?

From the responses on FB, looks like there'll be a big turn out for Sept. 7(as long as the weather cooperates).

Hope to see you all!

O LEE O

1 - 20 of 36 Posts