The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yea I found some seats in the for sale section, I picked up the carbon fiber compsite worx seats, they look really nice, I'm waiting on the seat rails to arrive. Can't wait for the meet! :clap:

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just an update;

Breakfast will be at the West 4 Diner @ 412 S Van Brunt St, Englewood, NJ. We need to leave there no later than 8am so please arrive early enough to have your breakfast comfortably. Please arrive gassed up and if you have any walkie-talkies, please bring them along. When you arrive, please park on the north side (when facing the front of the restaurant, the right side) so we all park together.

At this time, lunch will be at Barnstormer Barbecue @ 1076 Rte 9W, Fort Montgomery, NY @ approximately 1pm. Parking is somewhat limited but I am working with the owner to make accommodations.

If the weather cooperates and all show up, we may break out into 2 groups and follow opposing routes, Kanawauke & Tiorati and then criss-cross (don't worry, I have it all figured out). Smaller groups are easier to run through these roads but again, don't worry, the groups merge several times and then the group will ride as one up to Perkins Memorial, to lunch and then to the last route of the day, the Storm King Hwy. I am concerned in regards to the parking at Perkins. Anybody who's been up there knows what I mean! The group shot will be all of us sans the cars I guess.

So the plan is after breakfast, we will run up the Palisades to Harriman State Park and reconnoiter in the parking lot for the Lake Welch Beach (a possible photo op too) and then the final decision to split will be made there.
What I am lacking is somebody to lead this second group, this person should have a walkie-talkie and be somewhat familiar with the roads in Harriman Park, any takers? Please contact me if you're interested so I can go over the details and give you access to the Google Map. I will add the link to this map so all will have access when we are closer to the date. Now all we can do is pray to the weather gods! :bow:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Steve (Guppy Captain) will lead the second group if needed, thanks Steve!

See link for map.

Please note that Points B, D and F are the same place; the Lake Welch Beach Parking Lot (only F shows when you first access the map).

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zT3vdHX2jLko.knJIpxQJNPH0

Think that's it for now, so TTFN !

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey All,

This event is 5 days away. The weather seems to be rather "iffy" :scratchhead: to say the least.

We'll see what it changes to by Friday and we'll make a decsion then.

Unfortunately, there will be no rain date as my next focus will be on Log34.

Well, keep your fingers crossed and start praying to the weather gods :bow:.

The first year as well as the second year went off without a hitch, let's see if the third time is a charm!!

Hope to see you all on the "twisties" :drool:

O LEE O

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Maybe we can do it a week or two after if it doesn't look to good, still working on the car, haven't received the seat rails, its crazy, hopefully everything changes in the next few days

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry Streets! Give me a call when you're road worthy and maybe we can work something out (and pay no attention to the following).

Well it looks like all the praying is paying off.

Don't want to jinx us, just keep praying!

Now everybody, together:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow, the powers of collective mind! Keep it up, we're still 2 days away and it looks like we're gonna be a full house.

Steve and I are ready to split into the 2 groups and it'll be fun passing each other (twice no less) until we meet up and continue as a group.

I know that there will be some folks who won't be joining us for breakfast but please, please, be at the restaurant no later than 8am (gassed up) for the Drivers Meeting. This meeting won't take long but when we park at the Lake Welch Beach's parking lot, we'll have a quick photo op and then a Drivers Meeting to discuss the strategy and then break into the 2 groups.

I will need to know who will be open to photographing for the group (I think we have at least 2), because I have a couple of ideas I'd like to be able to choreograph.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Remember, keep praying, gas up and bring your grins, you gonna be needing them!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Oh yeah! Don't stop now, whatever you are doing, it's working. No more said, no jinx.

As I have mentioned earlier, parking at Perkins is catch-as-catch-can at best. I may need help to help facilitate this to get everybody accommodated, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there and see what's available. If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about.

Also, I wanted to mention that the parking can be tight at Barnstormers (lunch) and we may have to play some games but then again that depends on how many car we have (so far it looks like a lot). The owner we will be working with us to get us all in (Jeff's a great guy- no, not you Jeff Johnson! BTW, Jeff Johnson will be in the white Suburu and will give us all a run for the money in our Lotus cars- please note the proper plural use).

Wife says time to shut up, so........

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Emailed you Lee... Not going to make the diner. Looking for the best place to jump in with you guys?

Lmk thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Okay, great job folks, you did it! Your praying was successful. :bow:

We are officially on for tomorrow. :up:

Last minute reminders:

1. Drivers meeting at the West 4 Diner is @ 8am sharp in the parking lot (I hope). :facepalm

2. Please park on the right side (when facing the front door) of the diner when you arrive.

3. If you plan to eat, obviously get there early enough for you to eat and be ready to roll @ 8am.

4. Be gassed up. I believe that there is a gas station on Rt. 4 not far from the diner.

5. If you have a walkie-talkie, bring that as well (the PTT headsets are handy if you have your top down), they can be handy for last minute decisions or for us to coordinate.

5. Bring your grins (not for my jokes as my family always reminds me but I try anyway).

If you get a chance, peruse the GoogleMaps I've linked below just to get an idea of the routes, maybe print it out if you want to have. I guarantee that nobody will get lost!

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.2778311,-74.0833743,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!6m1!1szT3vdHX2jLko.knJIpxQJNPH0

That's it, c u all in the am!! :cool:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts