The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got experience with the stock muffler and deleting the 3rd cat? Does it make any difference?

I know this has been asked a lot but I would like to know specifically for MY13-S as the posts I have read say theres a difference after MY11 and NA etc.

I dont see a cat delete available for the S1 S. I see the 400 is common.

Ive spent a bit too much money recently to get something like a Larini so Im looking for something cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I don't know that a stock muffler with just a delete pipe would make that much difference.

I have an '11 S. Sound should be pretty much the same as your '13 S. But I don't recall if the flange orientation is the same.
Anyway, I had a valved Larini club sport w/delete pipe and it sounded great. But I settled on a straight pipe (my second version) with small a resonator to remove drone. Any muffler shop should be able to build one for pretty cheap. (Mine was less than $150 in parts if I remember right.)

Anyway, if you want to try the decat for your '13 S, larini still lists its "secondary race pipe" on their webpage:

I think https://www.inokinetic.com/ is still a vendor for Larini. You may want to ask Shinoo ([email protected]) if he can get one with your proper flange orientation.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know that a stock muffler with just a delete pipe would make that much difference.

I have an '11 S. Sound should be pretty much the same as your '13 S. But I don't recall if the flange orientation is the same.
Anyway, I had a valved Larini club sport w/delete pipe and it sounded great. But I settled on a straight pipe (my second version) with small a resonator to remove drone. Any muffler shop should be able to build one for pretty cheap. (Mine was less than $150 in parts if I remember right.)

Anyway, if you want to try the decat for your '13 S, larini still lists its "secondary race pipe" on their webpage:

I think https://www.inokinetic.com/ is still a vendor for Larini. You may want to ask Shinoo ([email protected]) if he can get one with your proper flange orientation.
Did you have a thread on making an exhaust. I think I read something but I cant find it.

I had considered the Plack but it may be a bit too ridiculous? I like being able to press a button and it goes quiet.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
On my 2011, I removed the third cat and took it to an exhaust shop to have a decat fabricated. I think it was $80. Sound-wise, a bit louder. Also, there is a performance jump right off the bat before the ECU normalizes for the new lean condition.

It’s a fun mod, easy, cheap, and saves some weight.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Did you have a thread on making an exhaust. I think I read something but I cant find it.

I had considered the Plack but it may be a bit too ridiculous? I like being able to press a button and it goes quiet.
I didn't make a build thread, but I did post about it a few times (although I can't find most of them either, especially the one where I mention parts I used). Here's one thread I mentioned it in (starts post #4686):
What did you do to your Evora today?

You do retain some sound control on the Plack/straight pipe. It isn't bad at all if you keep the revs down. But when you get on it, it will howl. I've never had anyone in my neighborhood complain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts