The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I had a blast today at Marina learning how to autocross my 3,700-lb. Goat :sheep: amongst all you lightweight speedsters. Thanks for letting some V8 muscle crash (or should I say spin out :panic:) your Elise club gathering. Below is a link to a few photos I snapped. That's just a small sample - I'll try to get more up throughout the week, but I'm exhausted right now. I took a fair amount of action shots (mostly group C, some of B, and very very few of A - sorry I was running in A :shrug:). If you want me to find/post/email you pics for your specific car (or if you want a full res version of something), just let me know and I'll see what I can get for ya!

PICTURES LINK Enjoy!

·
LotusRaceShop.com
537 Posts
Great Pictures of a great day in the sun (and chilly wind) at Marina. Love the close ups!:clap:

P.S. Any more of the teal green Miata or #541 blue Elise both with Dietsch Werks banner in the windshield?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Nice pictures.
So is the F-430 owner and apple fan or what? lol

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Great pics. First 430 I've ever seen at an autocross.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

I had a great time. Tired as heck this morning, driving back to LA was long last night. Fantastic event as always. A huge thanks to Larry, Alex, everyone else who helped organize it and all the instructors especially my awesome instructor Enigma (dude you rock!:bow:).

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Cool video Enigma - you make it look too easy.

Special thanks to Michael Sands for the instruction :bow: - my times clearly got better and better as I got smoother. Had fun riding in the S240 as well, I am jealous! Also thanks to all those who help make this possible.

Knucklehead - didn't get a chance to meet you, but love the color, I couldn't tell if it was a dusty, sparkly black, but I knew it had to be a custom color and your signature proves me right. Very nice with the gray wheels.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Knucklehead - didn't get a chance to meet you, but love the color, I couldn't tell if it was a dusty, sparkly black, but I knew it had to be a custom color and your signature proves me right. Very nice with the gray wheels.
Thanks Kevin,
I always tell myself that I'm going to try and meet everyone there, but get so caught up in the driving. I've been flipping back and forth as to whether I should powder coat the wheels black or not. I think the way they are is starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I saw another F430 in the same color heading west on CA-156 as I was on my way home (east). I am pretty sure it had a different (non personalized) license plate. Bizarre. Yesterday was the first time I had seen an F430, let alone two, and in the same unusual (I am guessing) color.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I heard him say his was a 1 of 1 color, custom ordered from the factory :crazyeyes

Maybe he gave up on sitting in traffic to get to 101

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
To clarify -- I meant the blue Ferrari, although given the low probability of there being a second one of that color in the immediate area it does seem likely that I failed to read the license plate over my shoulder as it passed by.

Traffic on US-101 sucked, and for no apparent reason. It cleared up well before it grew to 3 lanes. Not as bad as the weekend of the garlic festival though...that weekend, I gave up and drove back to highway 1 through Castroville. Where they were having the artichoke festival. I lost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great Pictures of a great day in the sun (and chilly wind) at Marina. Love the close ups!:clap:

P.S. Any more of the teal green Miata or #541 blue Elise both with Dietsch Werks banner in the windshield?
Thanks! And thanks to everyone else, as well. I'll check for those Miata/Elise pics when I get home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
LotusRaceShop.com
537 Posts
I added the few pics I had of the Miata. Sorry I couldn't find anything else for your Elise other than that one I already posted. What run group were you in?

THANKS! Your a life saver, We didn't get a single shoot of my GF's Miata the whole day:( Too much time looking @/driving the Lotus's and other cars. :drool:
We ran the Elise in A and B but only in the afternoon.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Nice thing about a digital camera and larger memory card- you can blast away on the shutter. Took in the range of 1000 photos. Gave them a quick once over. Posting a few here. Have about 60 at:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/z8758i

Will try to sort through and get more uploaded to flickr in the next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Larry, I am going to have to save that picture of my car as a "This is how close I want you to get to the apex" for next years school.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Jason- The hard part, for most is in doing so is to then not to hit them. Forgot to hand out SweetDaddyD cone killer decals- they certainly would have been well earn.... our one year old cones are aging quickly. :panic::p

1 - 20 of 71 Posts