The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
More than that, my husband has access to a dealers alignment rack. As such we mess around with our autocross cars constantly, cornerweighting and setting alignments. The rack is HARD to get up on with a low car. Just like driving up onto a trailer, you NEED to be there when they do it and possibly lay boards down to help with the approach angle. My monster miata ( even with help and boards) used to scrape so bad that the exhaust once got hung up on the frame of the alignment rack and we had to have four men pull up on the fenders to raise the car up enough to get it "unstuck".

·
Registered
114 Posts
hope this isn't a hijack

I've had a couple of very low suspensioned cars that have not been able to allow a "toe line" to be shot (if I'm getting the terminology right) I'm not very knowledgeable with alignment speak. Either the cars suspension was just real low or they were cars with low suspensions and body panels/scrub gruards that were in the way.
I ended up taking a couple of these vehicles to an oval track race team guy. He spouted off camber and caster settings and looked up factory settings and scoffed, mumbled alot to himself. The cars I've had him do always 'felt' great? He was expensive too, that means they know what they're doing right? (haha)

finally my question, does the front clamshell present any low hang problems for this part of the alignment process?

Begs another question. I've seen some very sweet looking body kit like modifications on race elises and some euro cars. Does anyone know of availability of anything like this?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts