The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my 43rd birthday gift to myself last October 2012, and it also doubles as my mid-life-crisis sports car. duh. ;-p I had wanted an Esprit every since seeing James Bond's 37 years ago! I've had an eBay alert for about the past year or so, and when this 25th anniversary in sliver/black (the colors I wanted) and three hours away in PDX came up and was actually #43/100 -- well that was the sign I was looking for! It doesn't get much more in-your-face than that. :D I contacted the seller directly, we spoke on the phone and then I scrambled with the banks, insurance and DMV all day. The next morning I rode the Bolt Bus to Portlandia and drove my dream-car home.

In the past year, I've modded it quite a bit to bring it into the modern era. For a $90,000 MSRP car back then, it really is quite lacking in features. My 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse had more tech than this thing had. I'm not into racing it (although I did take it to a Lotus track day once) so my mechanical/engine/trans/etc. are all stock AFAIK (I don't have any paperwork from previous owner).

• Gentex GENK51a Auto dimming mirror with HomeLink, temperature and compass
• Bel STi-R Radar/Laser detector with Shifter/Scrambler – integrated into mirror via www.radarmirror.com
• Kenwood KDC-X995 -- eXcelon Head: USB/CD/FM/Bluetooth/HD Radio/iPhone/Pandora
• Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 Powered 8” Subwoofer behind passenger seat – that’ll rattle your baby maker!
• TPMS – Tire Pressure Monitor System, temperature & voltage
• Backup Sensors – however being that they use ultrasonic sound, they false alert due to the motor or exhaust coincidentally.
• OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBDII port data transfer to Android tablet and phone
Atiwe Cavallo Race 340mm Airbag Steering Wheel (and custom hub)
• Aluminum Knobs in console
• ECON Headlights – flatter and more modern than the rounded stock ones
• Vanity plate “DEV8” which could mean “Daevid’s Esprit V8” or “Deviate” or a nod to being a “DEVeloper” or even my initials embedded in there.
USB/stereo jack installed on driver's side by door so phone wires aren't everywhere

One of the perks of owning a super-car that they never tell you is you get special parking (sometimes even FREE, just to park in front of a building -- LOL -- yeah, I'll take that sure!)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Beautiful car. Though I dislike that color, I love the model and the rear wing.

Though the last pic in front of the nightclub, helps with all the stereotypes.

Enjoy the car.....

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Nice ride. In the south 43 has a special meaning.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was curious...so I looked up what "43" meant. So which is it in the south? definition #1 or #2 :)

Urban Dictionary: 43

btw welcome to LT!

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I was not aware of those, just simply this

#43, "The King", Richard Petty. over 200 NASCAR victories

richard-petty.jpg

But let's not detract that is one fantastic Esprit!

·
Registered
676 Posts
us Northern folks know of that STP car as well!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hahaha I saw this and thought "this story sounds way too familiar" then kept reading and realized we parked next to each other at exotics at RTC. You should come out to griots garage in tacoma on the 4th of jan for caffeine and gasoline. Beautiful car btw!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Where's the onramp?
31 Posts
Sweet car, always loved these and the 308's growing up, but ended up with MR2's and X1/9's!

Ps. 43 = W in some locales. :)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Would Petty drive an Espirit?
Doubt it, then he couldn't bump people off the road. Has a pick em up truck fer dat. Pretty much xplains Nascar, just T-Bone em if ya can't drive. Duh, her!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ahh! You took the car out of Portland and took it to Seattle?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahh! You took the car out of Portland and took it to Seattle?
Yes. Actually the owner lived in Bend, OR which is about 3 hours from PDX. So we both met there since PDX is 3 hours from SEA. He drove it up for me on an enclosed trailer even.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts