The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll finally have a Lotus by Friday! I went to the 2004 LA Auto Show when they were introduced to the US and have been drooling ever since, even got to sit in one.
I decided pull the trigger when they finally got down to thirty thousand, Haha!:wink2:
I've learned quite a bit by reading the posts here, even found the car for sale four years ago in the marketplace!:up:
I'm getting a Polar Blue 2006 Elise with 21,000 miles and will have a 10 hour drive to get it home, if you can't tell, I'm a little excited:UK:

Attachments

Reactions: lt1_fd3s

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
113 Posts
Have fun, that’s a long time to wait. You’re getting it when the weather is starting to turn nice so will have months of nice drives.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I drove through at least 8 hours of thunderstorms, but made it back unscathed and in the garage
The detailing has begone also, started with the headlights

Attachments

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
My Dad was an automobile dealer. Once when I was about 20 I was out with him when he was going around dealerships buying cars.

We can across exactly the car I dreamed of, a JPS Europa. Dad knew I wanted it more than anything, and that I knew he could buy it for me.

“You will have to do that for yourself son”

It finally happened on my 55th birthday. 35 years, but eventually did what Dad told me I could do.

Thanks for sharing your story and enthusiasm. Many of us here had that Lotus desire for quite a while, and rejoiced when the day finally came. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2008 Lotus Elise SC and 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C
849 Posts
Congrats on a long awaited wish. Those headlights came out great. What product and process did you used?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
You have nice taste in cars! Is that a Cappuccino?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on a long awaited wish. Those headlights came out great. What product and process did you used?
I posted this over a week ago, I guess its been in moderator purgatory since then!:frown2:
My wife actually worked on the headlights for me, she started by wet sanding then went less and less aggressive with rubbing compound and finally some headlight restore product

1 - 11 of 11 Posts